Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cant stand liars that sell known bad parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess he never even got the dudes name. *smacks head*
    Dudes address is:
    9000 County Road 513
    Alvarado Texas 76009
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

It came with the red painted center section. Kids shocks were blown so I threw in a spare pair of Tokicos I had for free.... well almost free, $25.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

So why didn't you check for nasty backlash the very second you saw the rear end? I always go and wiggle the pinion always!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          So why didn't you check for nasty backlash the very second you saw the rear end? I always go and wiggle the pinion always!
          Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          I take partial blame in this. I knew that gear teeth shouldn't have wear marks the entire width but they looked fine otherwise with no scaring. I have no idea why I didn't think to grab the pinion on the outside and wiggle test it. That's on me. Kid was so excited and kept saying "The guy I bought it from swears its perfect and ready to go" so I just went with it even though I told him 4 times that I wasn't 100% on that axle.
          As I said, brain fart. That's on me. I looked at the teeth and showed the kid. I get ready to grab the pinion and get bombarded with questions and reassurances. I forget to grab it.
          Set the axle on the lift and again get ready to grab the pinion right as the shop phone rings and two more customers pull in. Again, forget to grab it.
          I set the axle in, fill it up, see fluid leaking out the pinion and think WTF? Grab the pinion and "jiggle jiggle jiggle"

That's why I told him I wont charge for fluid or friction modifier and will give him a break on changing it again. Now had I sourced the part I would have not charged at all. Then again I would have never bought that axle in the first place. The bent shock mounts, red cover and busted off quad shock nuts would have made me walk away without even touching it.

Comment

if u don't have money to burn might not be a good idea to own a sportscar and race it! That's cool of u to help the guy out

Comment

If I can find another Fox I know where to bring it to! Where are you located?

I tend to tryy to turn my own wrenches but not always
              WH

Comment

In Golinda now but moving to Waco in two weeks. Got a new building which is why I am broke. New shop, new signs, new paint, a crap ton of $15 a piece bolts to mount the lifts, storage, buying gas and food for my friends helping. Gonna be broke and tired this Christmas. LOL

Still trying to scrape up another grand by next week to make it happen but man business is slow this time of year.

Comment

I love used parts, get paid twice to do it!
                  Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Thank you DJ for the help! Got the new axle in today and after some minor tweaks. Nice and smooth with no whine or chatter. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                    X