Anyone else get hail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get hail?

Just had a down pour of hail in Denton. Just a little larger than pea size but it really came down hard for a few minutes. Lots of rain to clean up the streets though. Hoping it dries up soon so I can go out and mulch all these damn leaves..

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Just had a down pour of hail in Denton. Just a little larger than pea size but it really came down hard for a few minutes. Lots of rain to clean up the streets though. Hoping it dries up soon so I can go out and mulch all these damn leaves..
    Hail or freezing rain?

Edit: or Sleet I guess, rather than freezing rain:

The Difference Between Hail, Sleet, and Freezing Rain
    Many times I hear people say during a winter storm that it is hailing. This is actually called sleet. Hail normally occurs in thunderstorms and is the result of strong updrafts that repeatedly carry growing chunks of ice upwards into the clouds. Once the hail stones become too heavy to be lifted by the updrafts, they fall to the ground. Hail stones are normally much larger than sleet pellets and they can cause damage to crops, windshields, people, etc. Sleet occurs during a winter storm and is caused by rain falling into a cold layer of air aloft which has to be below freezing. As the raindrops fall through the cold layer of air, they freeze and become small ice pellets. When they hit your car windshield or your windows at home, they can make quite a racket. Sleet can accumulate on the roads and sidewalks making driving and walking quite hazardous. Freezing rain is basically rain that falls onto the ground and then freezes AFTER it hits the ground. It causes a glaze of ice on trees and any surface that is below freezing. Freezing rain causes the most hazardous of driving and walking conditions. Freezing rain is what causes the power outages as a result of the ice that forms on the trees and power lines making them so heavy that they come down. A temperature inversion causes the conditions that result in freezing rain. This means that it is warmer aloft than it is at the surface.

Comment

Saw a huge red dot on the radar over that area a few minutes ago, while most everywhere else is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Hail or freezing rain?

Edit: or Sleet I guess, rather than freezing rain:

http://www.weatherdudes.com/facts_di...php?fact_id=24

Oh no.. HAIL.... Not that hard to tell the difference..

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Saw a huge red dot on the radar over that area a few minutes ago, while most everywhere else is clear.
          Dot, not feathers...

Comment

We got some. My wife called me freaking out while going to get the kid, I could bairly hear her over the hail hitting the car. From what she said it didn't sound big enough to damage anything, but there was a ton of it.

Comment

Yep, got it here in Aubrey too

Comment

Heard it rumbling here in faux Keller

Comment

Yup got it here in Denton Peterbilt
                  2014 GT
                  2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                    Heard it rumbling here in faux Keller
                    Wonder if they got it in real Keller.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Got a good bit here in oak point/crossroads.

Comment

I'm right next to Keller in N FTW and didn't get shit.

Comment

got it in frisco
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I didn't, in case anyone was wondering.

Comment

Working...
                            X