Teen who killed 4 in drunken crash avoids jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
    18 U.S. Code ยง 1073: Intrastate flight to avoid prosecution. By running he committed a big boy crime that will put him in the Fed for a few years.
    I understand... But he is still a "minor".
    Ethan Couch, the so-called “affluenza” teen, has been detained with his mother in Mexico. Authorities expect they’ll return to the United States Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
      I understand... But he is still a "minor".
      Not for any new crimes he is not; just for dealing with the outcome of the old crime he is.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Not for any new crimes he is not; just for dealing with the outcome of the old crime he is.
        Even the DA said they likely will be able to get a max of 120 days. It isn't armchair speculation on the internet. Prosecution has commented on this already. It sucks that again there aren't any consequences for him, but as of today as far as I have read that is the max they can get him on. I hope they are wrong as he needs to spend 20+ years getting ass pounded for what he did, but so far it doesn't seem likely. Of course there is no way he is keeping his nose clean as an adult as nothing in his life so far has had consequences so the little shit doesn't believe the rules apply to him. Maybe we will get lucky and they will find other laws he violated to prosecute him on but so far it doesn't look like it.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

• So for future reference if you are running from the law don't use your cell phone. This seems like it'd be pretty obvious but that's how they were located.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
            So for future reference if you are running from the law don't use your cell phone. This seems like it'd be pretty obvious but that's how they were located.
            He needed to get his Facebook updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              Even the DA said they likely will be able to get a max of 120 days. It isn't armchair speculation on the internet. Prosecution has commented on this already. It sucks that again there aren't any consequences for him, but as of today as far as I have read that is the max they can get him on. I hope they are wrong as he needs to spend 20+ years getting ass pounded for what he did, but so far it doesn't seem likely. Of course there is no way he is keeping his nose clean as an adult as nothing in his life so far has had consequences so the little shit doesn't believe the rules apply to him. Maybe we will get lucky and they will find other laws he violated to prosecute him on but so far it doesn't look like it.
              The DA works for the state and has no say so in the matter that I mentioned. When he crossed over a state line he committed a new crime that falls under the jurisdiction of the Feds and the US Attorneys office could charge him at any moment if they see fit to do so.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                So for future reference if you are running from the law don't use your cell phone. This seems like it'd be pretty obvious but that's how they were located.
                Well between the cell phone, living in a resort in a extradition country, around americans, not really trying tk change appearances, and probably using plastic to travel, they were getting caught eventually. You can't leave a giant trail of breadcrumbs like that, but like mentioned before they are idiots.

Comment

The DA works for the state and has no say so in the matter that I mentioned. When he crossed over a state line he committed a new crime that falls under the jurisdiction of the Feds and the US Attorneys office could charge him at any moment if they see fit to do so.
                  I hope so but there certainly has been no talk of it yet that I have seen. Like I said I hope they throw the book at him for every broken law they can come up with.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
                    He'll get 120 days and probation... That's the max since he was not tried as an adult. He's still a juvenile in the eyes of the law until he turns 19 in april 2016.
                    Just hold him till then. Then hanging! Young, old, healthy, infirm, all are welcome to the noose! He killed 4 people then ended up running. I think the noose is the perfect place for him. Lets be honest in the 1800's he'd have gotten it. 20 lashings and 10 years in state prison for the mom.
                    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Just hold him till then. Then hanging! Young, old, healthy, infirm, all are welcome to the noose! He killed 4 people then ended up running. I think the noose is the perfect place for him. Lets be honest in the 1800's he'd have gotten it. 20 lashings and 10 years in state prison for the mom.
                      In the 1800's he wouldn't have killed anyone by riding his horse drunk except for maybe himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                        In the 1800's he wouldn't have killed anyone by riding his horse drunk except for maybe himself.
                        Well no, but there were still plenty of ways to kill people due to being drunk and gross negligence. And they weren't known to suffer fools. Not like today.
                        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          Well no, but there were still plenty of ways to kill people due to being drunk and gross negligence. And they weren't known to suffer fools. Not like today.
                          So you would have been hung by now, then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                            Bazinga!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Wins temporary stay against extradition

Comment

Working...
                                X