STOLEN trailer - reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN trailer - reward

Buddy of mine had a trailer stolen this week. They cut 2 tounge locks and a cable to get it. it has a bracket in the middle to tie down dirt bikes and the tie down loops at the front are size 0 horseshoes. Taken from Garland. Reward if recovered.

That sucks, I'll keep an eye out in west Fort Worth.
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

I see that trailer theft is still going on in that area. I had mine stolen a few years ago (they knocked the tongue lock off) and the cops said that trailers were being stolen right and left. People grind off the serial number and then register them as home made.

Anyway, i hope that the cops find it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
        trailers were being stolen right and left. People grind off the serial number and then register them as home made.
        This. Trailer theft is always through the roof.

Incidentally, registering a factory-built trailer as a homemade/shop built is a Class A Misdemeanor.

Comment

It won't be recovered.

Comment

Drive around the neighborhoods and alleys. We found ours a few miles away (Dallas) beside someone's house. Cops helped us get it back and arrested the shirtless bastard who had
            already cut the ramp off within a few hours of stealing it.

Comment

I bet some stumpfucker already has his 12" lifted ATV sitting on it.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

...or the bike rack has been removed to make room for lawn mowers/leaf blowers

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  ...or the bike rack has been removed to make room for lawn mowers/leaf blowers
                  Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                    This. Trailer theft is always through the roof.

Incidentally, registering a factory-built trailer as a homemade/shop built is a Class A Misdemeanor.
                    If they made registering a home-made trailer more difficult, less people would do this, AND it would cut-down on thefts. With as big of boners as the highway patrol seems to have in other states about larger trailers/weigh stations, I've got to think the trickle-down effect will catch-up to the smaller trailers one of these days. That being said, if they didn't make it more expensive to properly register a real manufactured trailer, a lot more people would do it!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                      If they made registering a home-made trailer more difficult, less people would do this, AND it would cut-down on thefts.
                      That was the thought process that went into making it a crime to register a factory built trailer as a home-built.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                        That was the thought process that went into making it a crime to register a factory built trailer as a home-built.
                        Not that I want the cops to actually do their jobs, but when they pull-over a landscaping truck for a moving violation, would it be too much extra effort to check the tags on the trailer? When it comes back as "homemade", but you can see it's an enclosed trailer with manufacturer markings, a nice obviously not homemade open car hauler, etc, maybe investigate a little further?

Comment

Working...
                        X