Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate employee self assessments. Anyone want to write mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated those things. I liked the lazy motherfuckers who turned them in saying how good of a job they do and how hard they worked though.

Comment

*I almost never blow shit up.
      *I can count on one hand (with extra fingers left over!) the times I've caused a natural gas leak. Unless you count farts as natural gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        Check this out, its a long read. https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

specifically part three.
        LOLZ! Thank you for that.

Best job in the world right there.

Comment

Check this out, its a long read. https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

specifically part three.

Ha, I hadn't read that in awhile. Great stuff.

Comment

The worst is "Where do you see yourself in 5 years". I have had 3 different managers in a year's time before and some areas of a large corp can be very confusing because the titles and responsibilities can all sound very similar. I HATE this question. I just want to make more money. Period.

Comment

specifically part three.
              Like someone is mocking me or something.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Man, I'm so glad to be done with that. That's just a tool for lazy management.
                Additionally, in my experience, your raise has been predetermined well beforehand. It's just used in the favoritism game to justify a person's higher percentage.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  LOLZ! Thank you for that.

Best job in the world right there.
                  I didnt have it nearly that good, but I had a gig that went a bit crazy a few years ago. I was transferred into a department that had been basically dismantled, and there was just a manager. I worked my ass off, and we got everything done with just two people, when slated for 4. The manager up and quit, so they promoted me. I didnt have any help, so I was exempted from the normal BS meetings for the meantime. I started hiring, and we interviewed a guy that was a great fit for what we needed, except he wouldnt take the job unless it was a management job. We decided he should get that title, and go to the meetings. I kept my pay, and made all the decisions for the department, but didnt have to do the boring meetings and had him do a lot of the paperwork. It solved a couple of problems, I was able to fill in wherever I was needed, I didnt have to hire a paperwork clerk, and he was happy as a lark. I did what needed to be done, and would "turn things over to the manager" when I wanted him to do it.

It all worked well until I was getting transferred again, and he found out his position was a rouse, and he wasnt making manager's pay. He walked out the door mid-meeting he was so mad.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have to do one of these things every quarter. We go online to our "career management tool" and waste our time. Its a drag every year. Other than showing hard metric numbers, its pointless IMO.

I am with Jluv. I am not the type of person to brag about my accomplishments Nor do I even bother documenting throughout the year what my huge accomplishments were. I figure its my job to make big accomplishments and never think about having to show every single thing I did on this assessment. Managers know who they like and who they don't like. You can document all of your successes and say you are the greatest employee in the world. But the manager is really going to give their final assessment on what they have seen, not what you wrote.

Comment

After fifteen years at my job, I feel like mine would be similar to Morgan Freeman's final parole hearing in Shawshank Redemption. You just fill out what you're going to fill out there and I'm gonna keep doing what I do.

Comment

Apparently whiskey is the key to writing an employee self assessment. After 3 glasses I wrote one and emailed it in. I think Im going to have some write some bs generic one. One with bunch of big words so it confuses the manager reading it.
                        Any takers? Post it if so.

Comment

Are you drinking the whiskey now?

Comment

specifically part three.
                            Never saw that before. That is great!

It does remind me of a position I had for a couple of years in the mid 2000's. I was a manager, and had set up my team to pretty much run itself with very little input from me. Like 5 hours of work a week, at best. It was nice for a while, but then I started hating it and left.

Now days I wish I could get that back

Comment

specifically part three.
                              LOL! I've never seen that before, but a great read.

Comment

specifically part three.
                                D'oh!:
                                five percent (.05%)

Comment

Working...
                                X