Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate employee self assessments. Anyone want to write mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate employee self assessments. Anyone want to write mine?

I think employee self assessments are a complete waste of time. Unlike Naynay im no word smith. Anyone want to write one up for me? Im a mechanic in the natural gas field.

Man, I'm so glad to be done with that. That's just a tool for lazy management.

Comment

I'll write it for you... you'll either get a promotion or fired and you'll never work in the field again. I'm not sure which way it'll go as I don't know your boss, but I'll give it a shot and hope for the best.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

These threads make me really appreciate working for a family company, it has its down side but we have none of this HR/corporate bullshit. Come to work, do your job, get a pay check.

Comment

I feel your pain. I hated doing those.
          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

I refuse to write mine. When I do it, it reads: Was at work on time evertyday,never took a sick day, worked more OT and produced more than any other employee. Enough said... Leave me alone, I have a job to do that I enjoy

Comment

Hi my name is Stephen
              I work very hard on your fart box drilling rod.
              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Doesn't sound to hard to me, how about something like...

Things I'm good at - Coming to work and working
                Things I need improvement on - Math and Personal Hygiene

Comment

I had to do one yesterday. It was awkward to basically brag on myself in a very official way. Most of it was rating myself 1-5 on a bunch of things. In years past, I'd find some things to pick a 3 or 4 on, just to be humble. This year I said "fuck it" and ranked myself 5 on everything. Why not? I figure if you don't think you're kicking ass, why should they? If they disagree with something, they should let me know anyway.

I'll post up if anything comes of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    I had to do one yesterday. It was awkward to basically brag on myself in a very official way. Most of it was rating myself 1-5 on a bunch of things. In years past, I'd find some things to pick a 3 or 4 on, just to be humble. This year I said "fuck it" and ranked myself 5 on everything. Why not? I figure if you don't think you're kicking ass, why should they? If they disagree with something, they should let me know anyway.

We regret to inform you that your services are no longer required. It has come to our attention that you're over qualified for the position.
                    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Employee self evaluation:
                      1. I'm awesome.
                      2. I deserve a huge raise.

Stephen...out.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

What to do something even more useless? Make a "business action plan" a year in advance, with 5 things you're going to focus on every month, for a business that has been there for 20 years, that you've already managed to 2 record years in a row. Sure, let me waste a bunch of time on this.

Comment

Same here...I hate having to write mine out.
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

this is exactly the way i do it

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Check this out, its a long read. https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

specifically part three.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X