No announcement yet.

Shopping for a new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my paid off 2002 F150 4whl supercrew. There might be a career change in my near future and it would pay me $150 a day plus $.60 a mile to use my own vehicle. That said, I think I could use my existing truck for as long as possible and set the income from truck usage/mileage in a separate account. Draw from it for expenses (gas, repair, oil changes, tires, etc) and let that shit build up. Pay cash for a new (or 1-2 year used) truck. Rinse and repeat.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Going back to having a car payment has sucked for me. Not that it's a large payment by any means, I only paid $12k for the Suburban and still pretty happy with it after almost 2 years. I just could not see me spending $40k plus for a new truck / suv again.

If I was wanting a truck I would be looking for a clean 97-03 F150 Supercrew 4x4. Probably what I will be getting after the Suburban.
      See my post above.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Got a 13 silverado I have been happy with,tune, gears, cai,leveling kit. 11,xxx miles. It's a Texas edition, it runs great with a tune. Does not take forever to shift. Ony issue was a weatherstrip came off on RR door. I can't complain about anything on it.

Comment

• Been shopping for a truck here also. Finding out that dealers are basically wanting sticker for what we are looking at. No way I am paying sticker....might just keep what I got.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
            Been shopping for a truck here also. Finding out that dealers are basically wanting sticker for what we are looking at. No way I am paying sticker....might just keep what I got.
            There is not a half ton truck on the market that shouldn't have multi-thousand dollar discounts. If you can't find that, you aren't looking hard enough.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

• I wouldn't be scared of a used 5.3 they are great engines.

Comment

• Started out looking at raptors. Talked to 5 dealers in Dfw and San Antonio. All are sticker or above sticker. So we went to look at a Ram R/T sport truck. They want sticker for those as well. I found the exact color and trim package in OKC that was advertised about 7k off sticker. However they won't sell it for that price. Their "advertised" price is listed with all rebates and nobody can qualify for every rebate. Their real sales price is 1000 off sticker and that is only if you have a trade. So that way they get the 1000 back by pencil whipping you. And the thought of giving 35-37k for regular cab truck is not appealing.
                Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 12-21-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X