Shopping for a new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
    This one guy I knew that had a 5.3 once said it was the most awesomist powerfulest quickest truck he had ever driven. His mom even agreed.
    Said every Chevy owner ever.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    I have a feeling I will have trouble financing a private sale. My credit is still on the rough side
    I'd start with a credit union.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
      Said every Chevy owner ever.

I'd start with a credit union.
      Granted my score has improved 60 points the last two months and my income is more than double, but the two I am a member of turned me down in May.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

It's typically easier to get financed on a new vehicle than a used one especially if you have blemished credit. Which means your payment on a new ($24k financed amount) base model truck could be around the same as your upper limit ($18k financed amount) on a used one.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          I wanted a single cab too. Ended up getting a extended.

Now 6 months later i really wish i would have just got the crew cab.
          This. Get the space. You will wonder how you lived without it
          2wd. No need for 4wd. Its not a deal breaker if I find a great deal on a 4wd. Mainly thinking that it will have a negative effect on fuel mileage.

Is anyone here in the auto finance side of things that can give me some guidance. My two main concerns are the length of time at my current employer mixed with the negative info still on my credit reports.
          My 00 4wd with 5.3 got better milage than my old lady's 09 4.8, a buddy's 12 with a 5.3 and another buddy's 12 Titan. It's all in how you drive. And my truck had 230k on it with no issues
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I have a crew cab silverado 6.2L 4x4 now...

My last silverado was a crew with a 4.8 (4x4 with 33s and a bunch of extra weight... sloooooow and terrible MPG), the two before that were 5.3s, 4x4, and Extended Cab...

I won't own another 1/2 ton chevy if it doesn't have the 6.2 and 6 speed. I almost went back to a Duramax for my current truck but I just don't tow enough on a daily basis to justify the added cost anymore. Crew Cab I could live without 3-4 days of the week but I end up driving our little family on the weekends and during the week I end up hauling clients and our construction guys around. If I didn't have the woman and kiddo to tote around I would love to go back to an extended cab or even a regular cab.. I use my bed a lot so I would take a long bed. Crew is great for people and I end up with the seat folded up and stuff/dogs back there alot.

As far as the motor the 5.3 is slow for any sort of load or even the slightest change in elevation. If it is just a daily commuter that doesn't tow much it can be tolerated. Don't get me started on the 4.8 in my last one.

Comment

Eesh... I just re-read my post and decided I need more coffee before I post.

Comment

Lol. How about F-150's how are they on fuel milage and power? I have seen sone FX2's that I really like

Comment

Milage is gonna be pretty close in any half ton. 1-2 difference maybe. Power isn't far off either. Go drive a couple of each. They both have there pros and cons. Fords are nicer inside but LS motors are hard to beat in the gm.
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                  livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Nut up and buy a new truck.
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Lol. How about F-150's how are they on fuel milage and power? I have seen sone FX2's that I really like
                      Stay away from the 5.4L - it's a severe gas hog and has no ass to it at all...

<-- has one

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                        Nut up and buy a new truck.
                        If I liked the new body style GM I would consider it. If I can find an F-150 I like, it may be an option if the financing is right

Comment

And since this is a ford site...

Few of my buddies, co-workers, and future father in law have new F-150s and actually have a variety... 2x 6.2 Raptors, 1 Low Option Crew Cab Ecoboost, 1 Fully loaded 4x4 Platinum Eccoboost and 1 Fully Loaded 5.0 FX4.... They are damn nice trucks.

I would own one and I generally never drive ford.. .(grandpa worked for chevy for 40 years.) Actually Test Drove a Raptor and FX4... Not sure why I chose the chevy but I love it .

Comment

The 4.8 is a turd - I would NEVER buy one again.

I have the 5.3 now, no problem towing a car or daily driver. The throttle response could be better.

Comment

A lot of the sluggish feeling of the 5.3 is torque management and computer nannies to keep the engine/transmission together for 200k+ miles. If you want a drag racing truck, get the new Ecoboost regular cab or a 6.2 Silverado and tune it with all the bolt-on's and cam.

However, if you're like 98% of truck buyers, the 5.3 is a very solid, reliable powerplant that will run for well over a decade with normal maintenance and 200k+ miles. It's not a race engine.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                                A lot of the sluggish feeling of the 5.3 is torque management and computer nannies to keep the engine/transmission together for 200k+ miles. If you want a drag racing truck, get the new Ecoboost regular cab or a 6.2 Silverado and tune it with all the bolt-on's and cam.

However, if you're like 98% of truck buyers, the 5.3 is a very solid, reliable powerplant that will run for well over a decade with normal maintenance and 200k+ miles. It's not a race engine.
                                True... my buddy has the 6.2 and its a beast.

I like how The toyota trucks move once they sense your foot coming close to the throttle, GMC not so much .

Comment

Working...
                                X