Shopping for a new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for a new truck

It seems issues with my s-10 are becoming more frequent, most recently a cracked radiator. I have been without a car payment for about 3 years and it has been great. I get the bug to get something newer every so often. I usually got cured of it when I realized that not only could I not afford the payments, I couldn't get financed. I have been working on my credit and have brought my score up an average of 50 pts and I am also financially stable enough to afford the payments. I have had my heart set on a GM truck, definitely a 5.3 though I am hung up on body style. I can't decide on a single, x-cab, or crew cab. I want a 2007-2013 (previous body style). I have always been partial to single cab trucks, however with my s-10 I frequently wish I had more room. I am thinking with my budget (<$18000) and wanting to find decent milage a single cab is my best option.

I drive ~100 miles a day, so I want to get as far under 100k miles as possible.

Input, suggestions, and perduasion is what I am looking for
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Only thing I have to add to this is crew cab all the way.
    sigpic

Comment

how many people could be riding in it on a weekly basis? are you single with no kids? i say get the single. wife kids and a dog? crew cab. like to use your truck a lot other than daily driving but don't really carry people? extended cab so you have a little more room when you need it

Comment

I love reg cabs, but I couldn't have one as my only rig
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

If you want room, get an F150. Chevy's have no backseat.

Comment

As far as situation, I have a girlfriend I have been with for 4 years and a couple of small dogs. It will change to wife and kids though the kids will probably be a few years down the road. I build houses so storage room is helpful, however, that can be solved with a tool box in the bed (small box that sits between the rails not on top) I don't do much if any hauling.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              As far as situation, I have a girlfriend I have been with for 4 years and a couple of small dogs. It will change to wife and kids though the kids will probably be a few years down the road. I build houses so storage room is helpful, however, that can be solved with a tool box in the bed (small box that sits between the rails not on top) I don't do much if any hauling.
              If you're going to keep that truck long term, get a Crew cab for certain, and with the long bed for the space for your job.

We test drove the 2014 Silverados. I was impressed with the 4.3L V6 (285 HP 305 ft-lb). Both it and the 5.3L V8 have cylinder deactivation now for fuel economy.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I'm mostly alone driving my truck around, but anytime I want to carry more than 2 people it's worth it's weight in gold.
                sigpic

Comment

I hate the 2014's the redesign just isn't appealing to me. I won't do a long bed. I carry some tools with me, that's it. No need to have the length, I don't move lumber or materials

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                    I'm mostly alone driving my truck around, but anytime I want to carry more than 2 people it's worth it's weight in gold.
                    Any time we travel in a group we take her car.

Comment

Any time we travel in a group we take her car.
                      Would you if you had a nice new truck?
                      sigpic

Comment

Have you driven a 5.3 for any amount of time? Have you ridden in the back seat of a Chevy 4 door? Heck, even the front seat is cramped for leg room.

My dad and my tournament partner both have Chevy's with the 5.3 - my tournament partner admits it's not as strong as he'd like and my dad swears it's the weakest V8 he's owned in the last 10 years. Having driven both extensively, I couldn't agree more.

And my vote is 4 door.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                          Would you if you had a nice new truck?
                          Probably, lol, her G35 is a lot nicer than the truck would be!

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                          Have you driven a 5.3 for any amount of time? Have you ridden in the back seat of a Chevy 4 door? Heck, even the front seat is cramped for leg room.

My dad and my tournament partner both have Chevy's with the 5.3 - my tournament partner admits it's not as strong as he'd like and my dad swears it's the weakest V8 he's owned in the last 10 years. Having driven both extensively, I couldn't agree more.

And my vote is 4 door.
                          Is power that bad? I have wondered how big the difference between the 4.8 and 5.3 is. Are they bone stock? Surely some exhaust and bolt on mods would wake it up.

Comment

Probably, lol, her G35 is a lot nicer than the truck would be!

What year?
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              what year?

Comment

Working...
                              X