Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you know about Motorsport Ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Karting Complex, to start with. Hell, you could potentially start her now.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

DKC is quite fun. i try to go every other month.

be warned though, getting a child into karting may result in them loving it and being good at it which may put the onus on you for nurturing that hobby/skill. that involves buying a kart ($), racing gear ($$) transporting it ($$$), keep it maintained/tires/tools ($$$$), and upgrading karts as she ages/progresses (CHOOO$$$$).
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Be warned however that roadracing is the world's most efficient way to turn money into noise!
        Paid to rent an airplane lately? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          I'm assuming that you arent looking to get her a comp licence and a race car, but be more able to react correctly when she starts driving?
          You assume correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
            Paid to rent an airplane lately? LOL
            No, but everyone I know who owns an airplane writes it all off (fuel, storage, etc).
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              You assume correctly.
              MSR Houston’s Teen Driving Safety School have the experience, knowledge, equipment, and facility to safely teach teen drivers the real world driving skills they need.?Our program is committed to maximizing teen driving skills to maximize their safety.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                That's too damn far away.

Comment

Been driving MSR since it's opened over a decade ago. Great track and good peoples. Sign up for www.thedriversedge.net and they'll put her in the beginner group and she'll love it.

Here is a crappy video of one of my laps running the full 3.1 mile course so you can see the whole track. Car was not set-up properly and this was before my race seats (hence bad hand positioning trying to keep from falling out of the seat), proper camber, etc. Still a decently quick lap:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaenhFwjkgg[/ame]
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    fact: you can(could) rent a Chevrolet Cavalier, drive it there while your passenger pounds back Miller Lite on Go Pro video, and return the car with no oil in it because of the hole in the oil pan.

Not sure if they still allow that or not.

pro tip: If the person at the rental car desk asks if you want the option insurance, go ahead and get it.
                    I might know a couple of the individuals involved in that......

Comment

North Texas Karters, we start racein' them at 5 yrs.

NTK join the club ($315.00) get a key to the track.

Comment

I haven't looked into it in a long while but you can rent the Mineral Ring for like $250-400 per day and they let you setup whatever course you want with cones. Same place all the AutoX groups go, just go during the week. no age restrictions. some groups will allow under 18, but you must contact the registrar for info.

there is also the Performance Driving School at TWS...has better instructors!

take her Karting first and see if she likes it. If she hates it, your out maybe $100. if she likes it and likes it a lot....better kiss college fund good bye!

Comment

Hah, I love y'alls enthusiasm, but I really just want to give her the tools to handle driving on the road. More than Carroll Watkins driving school did for me in 1991. Racing is an expensive drug, and if she gets hooked on it, she can take her car to the drag strip like the rest of us broke dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                            fact: you can(could) rent a Chevrolet Cavalier, drive it there while your passenger pounds back Miller Lite on Go Pro video, and return the car with no oil in it because of the hole in the oil pan.

Not sure if they still allow that or not.

pro tip: If the person at the rental car desk asks if you want the option insurance, go ahead and get it.
                            Haha...what would make it funnier is if the tires were worn to the cords and there was transmission fluid (or was it oil?) in the master cylinder "just to get a little pump in the brake pedal".

Comment

Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
                              Haha...what would make it funnier is if the tires were worn to the cords and there was transmission fluid (or was it oil?) in the master cylinder "just to get a little pump in the brake pedal".
                              dear God... sounds like one of my very early experiences. Kudos Blake, for wanting to get her some training early on. Mom took me to one of the larger cemeteries' in town, just to let me get used to sharp turns, no stop signs, and not a lot of traffic. Added Bonus, it woulda been hard to kill someone there... Call me crazy, but I think every kid should learn to drive/take the test in a Big Block, manual trans, drum brake, non power steering car. If you can handle that, you get your license.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
                                dear God... sounds like one of my very early experiences. Kudos Blake, for wanting to get her some training early on. Mom took me to one of the larger cemeteries' in town, just to let me get used to sharp turns, no stop signs, and not a lot of traffic. Added Bonus, it woulda been hard to kill someone there... Call me crazy, but I think every kid should learn to drive/take the test in a Big Block, manual trans, drum brake, non power steering car. If you can handle that, you get your license.
                                That gives me an idea for another thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X