Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you know about Motorsport Ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know about Motorsport Ranch?

I've never driven it, but I've driven by it a hundred times.

It came up recently in conversation with my wife because when my daughter gets old enough (still got another 8 years or so to go), I want her to take a performance driving class so she knows car control and gains confidence, and Bondurant is too damn expensive.

Thoughts?

If you go off on the 1.3 you're gonna have a bad time....

Sounds like a solid plan, i think there are cheaper teen driving courses out there. I think primarily auto-x/skid pad stuff. I remember seeing them on the news. Or buy a miata and go auto-x'ing with us!
    Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I have been a member for five or six years. It is a lot of fun especially the 1.3 mile circuit. If you have an interest, I would suggest that you go to a NASA event. There you can make connections to enter a school, of which six are required to get your performance driving license. Be warned however that roadracing is the world's most efficient way to turn money into noise!
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I know that MSR Houston does a teen driving school, but I dont see anything on the Cresson website.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

for MSR-C you need to go through either a drivers school like Apex or Driver's Edge, both of which are the best for learning. There are also the occasional HPDE days which do run instructors in group 1 and 2 but they aren't as good for education, but more for just getting out and enjoying your car on track... which isnt to say you wont learn a lot.

you can also run through a club day (bmw club, corvette club, etc).

NASA gives you and your car an easy, safe, and affordable way to get on the track! No speed limits, no pedestrians, but best of all-no tickets.

the 1.7 is pretty straight forward but fast.
          the 1.3 is slower but it's very technical.
          the combined 3.1 i would love to run, seems like a blast.
          Last edited by momo; 12-10-2013, 12:01 PM.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

also, eagles canyon does a monthly track day. dont know much about it though.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              I have been a member for five or six years. It is a lot of fun especially the 1.3 mile circuit. If you have an interest, I would suggest that you go to a NASA event. There you can make connections to enter a school, of which six are required to get your performance driving license. Be warned however that roadracing is the world's most efficient way to turn money into noise!
              good to know! holler at me if you ever go out and got an open bring a buddy pass!
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Get her kart racing early! She can be the next Danica!!!!

Comment

Anyone consider that most of these schools require the driver to be 18+?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    Apex offers teen driving school. Don't know if that's just Houston or what, but it's specifically for new drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      I took them when I was 15. I had my competition license before I had my driver's license.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        Apex offers teen driving school. Don't know if that's just Houston or what, but it's specifically for new drivers.
                        I looked through the websites of the HPDE events that I could think of, many require you to be 18. I'm assuming that you arent looking to get her a comp licence and a race car, but be more able to react correctly when she starts driving?

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        I took them when I was 15. I had my competition license before I had my driver's license.
                        that's cute.

Comment

fact: you can(could) rent a Chevrolet Cavalier, drive it there while your passenger pounds back Miller Lite on Go Pro video, and return the car with no oil in it because of the hole in the oil pan.

Not sure if they still allow that or not.

pro tip: If the person at the rental car desk asks if you want the option insurance, go ahead and get it.

Comment

dallas karting complex?

DKC provides rental race karts for kids 7-15 and adults of almost every age...
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              dallas karting complex?
                              That's what I'm talking about! Memberships are WAY cheaper...karts are cheaper to run, and it's a great learning environment.

NTK in Denton is even cheaper for memberhips

Comment

Working...
                              X