Texas Student Killed by Campus Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
    As are paranoia and intentional obtuseness.

Nothing short of the officer being injured or killed would satisfy you.
    No, officers showing restraint satisfies me. Officers held to the same standard as citizens satisfy me
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Remember kids...

"Guns don't kill people, Cops kill people"...~Richard Pryor
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
        Let us know how that works out for you... You find no value whatsoever in the Police Department where you live to affect crimes/traffic issues ?
        Only because people are civil and manage to regulate themselves. I appreciate police officers as they do things that prevent normal upstanding folks from having to do. But at the same time, I am not ignorant to the reality of it all:

Dallas Texas
        Residents : 1,306,775
        ALL law enforcement employee's: 4,241
        Employee's per 10K citizens: 32.5

And it looks like this all the way across the board. Ft. worth is the same at 20.7 per 10k

Look at Chicago, one of the highest ratios in the country:

Chicago Illinois
        Residents : 2,833,649
        ALL law enforcement employee's: 13,318
        Employee's per 10K citizens:47.0

and these number are including clerks or anything associated with law enforcement in general...the ratios go down when you look at Police only
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If the Rangers are looking into it, it will be handled properly. Those guys don't mess around
          That is a good point, but if they are not privy to the facts due to it being whitewashed beforehand, they are not much help.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            Am I the only person that thinks the police are a net negative to society in their current capacity?
            I really hate agreeing with you but yes, I think the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Damn dude, you're on vacation with your kids. Get the hell off the computer and have some fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                You should agree with me more often. I'm more right than I am wrong.

Comment

Damn dude, you're on vacation with your kids. Get the hell off the computer and have some fun...
                  Doesn't everyone still surf this joint while on vacation...

<-----I do...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I do, and I we posting during OSHA training. Good lord that shit's boring....

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      Doesn't everyone still surf this joint while on vacation...
                      <-----I do...
                      I try to vacation where there are as few people as possible. Internet or even phone is not a requirement (or deseired).... Here is a shot from one of my vacations last year... No phone or internet there. More horses and cows than people...Just puttin my feet up for a nap, while the horses rest.PERFECT...

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        Am I the only person that thinks the police are a net negative to society in their current capacity?
                        When they are strutting around looking to bust somebody, it's a negative for sure. In town, at a new 24 hour gas station, I met up with some buddies at about 9pm. Right after they walk up, a cop comes striding up, talking into his radio. It is common for local police to stop there, due to it being one of two 24 hour gas stations in town. It's just me, three others, and a couple of our pickups. The cop asks us what we are doing, so I willingly step forward and explain that we were just meeting up there, in a good mood. He replies, in a disgusted tone, that we can't be there. I asked him if the owner, or somebody else, reported us for being there (I had been there a total of possibly 10 minutes). He said no, but we had to leave, right then. I told him I wanted to go inside and get some miscellaneous items and a little bit of fuel before I left, but he stepped forward, telling me to leave right then, or else he'd arrest me (I was 16 at the time...).
                        Quickly, I got in my car and left, not wanting to get into shit. We were not being loud, not causing trouble, not carrying anything illegal, and still he got "tough" with us. What the hell good does that do? I bet all of those people inside were so relieved that the 16 year old kid in a decent looking button down shirt and jeans left the gas station. Stuff like this happens all too often in Gainesville. Then again, it is a small shit-box town with nothing much to do and too many police officers.
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                          When they are strutting around looking to bust somebody, it's a negative for sure. In town, at a new 24 hour gas station, I met up with some buddies at about 9pm. Right after they walk up, a cop comes striding up, talking into his radio. It is common for local police to stop there, due to it being one of two 24 hour gas stations in town. It's just me, three others, and a couple of our pickups. The cop asks us what we are doing, so I willingly step forward and explain that we were just meeting up there, in a good mood. He replies, in a disgusted tone, that we can't be there. I asked him if the owner, or somebody else, reported us for being there (I had been there a total of possibly 10 minutes). He said no, but we had to leave, right then. I told him I wanted to go inside and get some miscellaneous items and a little bit of fuel before I left, but he stepped forward, telling me to leave right then, or else he'd arrest me (I was 16 at the time...).
                          Quickly, I got in my car and left, not wanting to get into shit. We were not being loud, not causing trouble, not carrying anything illegal, and still he got "tough" with us. What the hell good does that do? I bet all of those people inside were so relieved that the 16 year old kid in a decent looking button down shirt and jeans left the gas station. Stuff like this happens all too often in Gainesville. Then again, it is a small shit-box town with nothing much to do and too many police officers.
                          I hear you, the last actual town I lived in before I moved to east Texas had at one time a dozen cops (not counting the Sheriff officers or State Troopers) for a town of 1500 people that was 1.6 square miles in total size at the time.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I had a bit of time between rides and the luau. Geeze I'm tired.

Comment

Working...
                            X