Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Student Killed by Campus Police

Video in link:

University of the Incarnate Word student Robert Cameron Redus was pulled over by Cpl. Christopher Carter at 2:30 a.m. Friday near the campus for driving "erratically at a high rate of speed," police said. Then, according to police, "a struggle ensued between the suspect driver and the police officer." The incident occurred in the parking lot of the Tree House Apartments, which is adjacent to the campus.

Redus was shot multiple times during the struggle and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

"There was boom, boom, boom, boom, boom -- six shots," a witness, who asked to not be identified, told ABC News affiliate KSAT-TV.

Authorities say it's unclear why the struggle ensued and why Redus was shot multiple times. The University confirmed that Carter is on paid administrative leave while the investigation continues, which is standard procedure for police agencies in Texas. Carter "has an extensive law-enforcement background" and has been with the school for "several years," the university said in a statement.
    ABC News was unable to reach Carter for comment. Police didn't provide additonal details of the incident.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the student and officer involved in this incident," said UIW President Dr. Lou Agnese in the release.
    Redus' family said in a statement, "We are understandably devastated by the death of our dear son Cameron and we ask for your prayers as we deal with our tragic loss."

Redus' friends are still in shock and gathered at the campus Saturday to remember him at a vigil.

"He's not an aggressive person at all, so the story just doesn't really make sense to any of us," student Sarah Davis told KSAT.

Others remembered Redus as a kind, well-liked student within the university community.

"Cameron was the sweetest, kindest, gentlest person," Redus' friend Annie Jones said. "So compassionate."

The incident is being investigated by the Alamo Heights Police Department with the assistance of the Texas Rangers.

Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Cops never overreact, so the kid must have been all hopped up on the sticky icky icky.

Comment

Damn!! That's a distant relative of mine.

Comment

Strike one:

"Officer Carter instructed Redus 14 times to place his hands behind his back, informed him three times he was under arrest and to stop resisting 56 times,"

Strike two:

"the student and the officer got in a struggle over the steel baton the officer was carrying"

Strike three:

Last words "Oh, what are you gonna do, shoot me?"
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          http://www.kens5.com/news/AHPD-UIW-s...235133211.html

Strike one:

"Officer Carter instructed Redus 14 times to place his hands behind his back, informed him three times he was under arrest and to stop resisting 56 times,"

Strike two:

"the student and the officer got in a struggle over the steel baton the officer was carrying"

Strike three:

Still does not sound justified.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
            Damn!! That's a distant relative of mine.
            The cop, or the student?
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The student was then shot five times with a .40 caliber handgun, including in the chest and the eye, according to AHPD.
              Ouch!
              The police department's statements are in direct contrast with a university-issued statement which claims the police truck's dash cam had fallen off the evening before the incident.
              Seems like the video needs to be public pretty quick, then, in order to back up the aforementioned 56 times of commands...
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                http://www.kens5.com/news/AHPD-UIW-s...235133211.html

Strike one:

Strike two:

Strike three:

Strike Four....

The PD saying they have a video which the University says doesn't exist?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Strike Four....

The PD saying they have a video which the University says doesn't exist?
                  Indeed.

This situation reminds me of this pic, lol:

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    The cop, or the student?

The student.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                      The student.
                      My condolences
                      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

"UIW police officers do not carry Tasers, the university said."

So no tasers, but firearms are cool because you know...tasers can hurt someone
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

56 times? That is unbelievable.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

He said stop once for every punch or kick he delivered.

Comment

What did he have one of these?

Comment

Working...
                              X