no pearl harbor thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no pearl harbor thread?

Ill admit i even forgot until i saw it on yahoo.

The Great Snowpocalypse of 2013 has everyone distracted with wondering how we'll survive.

Comment

It's been 72 years. We're about 8 years away from "Pearl Harbor, the inflatable slide"

Comment

It isn't as important as Paul Walker.
        Street car.

Comment

Read up on him if you want to know what a hero does...
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I normally say something but I was on the road all day.

Comment

As many of the 30 year olds I work with say ""if it happened before 1985, I know nothing about it"

I'm 51, I'm very aware of what Pearl Harbor was , even though it was 21 years before I was born.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it
              Last edited by white trash wagon; 12-07-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I'm 25 and I know about it. Didn't think about it while I was driving to work but once I saw today's date I knew.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

My good friend Jack Heyn sent this out...

LEST WE FORGET-

All too many already have.

Most of you were’nt even a gleam in your Daddy’s eye on that day. If you do remember it, like myself ,you’re probably wondering why you are still here 72 years after the fact. I was a member of Hq. Sq., 3rd Bomb. Gp. (L), Savannah Army Air Base. Being a new comer and a short timer I had to take my Christmas Leave early and only got 7 days. That was not enough time to get to S.Dak. and back. Had a Sister working in Wash., DC and a boyhood pal, Erv Von Wald, living in DC. So Sat. morning, Dec. 6, I boarded a bus and headed for DC. Arrived in the evening and was met by Erv and my Sister. Would stay with Erv and family.

Sunday afternoon we were enjoying dinner with Erv’s family. Erv and I walked up to the corner drugstore to get ice cream for dinner. They had the radio on and were getting reports of the japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. That nite I received a telegram to report back to base PDQ. Couldn’t get a bus back to Savannah until Monday evening. So Erv gave me a whirlwind tour of our Nations Capitol on Mon. I was standing outside the Capitol Bldg. photographing it when FDR was declaring war on the japanese empire. That nite Erv and Sister took me to the bus station to send me on my way. It would be 3-1/2 years before I would see any of my family again. Three years of that would be spent in the SW Pacific being a part of History.

Jack Heyn

WW II Ancient One

Last edited by 68RR; 12-07-2013, 11:51 PM.
                  Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                  X