Any vetinarians on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any vetinarians on here?

My dachshund was bitten by a large mixed breed pit bull the other day. He has 3 puncture wounds which were treated with antibiotics and pain meds 5 days ago. One of them needs sutured up, it's still discharging. The estimate from the original vet was a little more than we can afford right now, and I'm looking for a friendly or less expensive vet to take him to.

Thanks!

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
    My dachshund was bitten by a large mixed breed pit bull the other day. He has 3 puncture wounds which were treated with antibiotics and pain meds 5 days ago. One of them needs sutured up, it's still discharging. The estimate from the original vet was a little more than we can afford right now, and I'm looking for a friendly or less expensive vet to take him to.

Thanks!
    This should have read " my Dachshund was bitten by a large mixed breed pit bull which i beat to death with a brick after he bit my dog"
    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

If you are in Fort Worth check with Dr. Chris Brooks out on west Camp Bowie.

Comment

My blue healer needed a few stitches yesterday and club hill animal clinic in garland fixed him up for cheap.
        Justin

Comment

The owners have actually been pretty civil about the whole thing. I have kept my cool it, they came over to check on the dog and have called about his status, and have asked if there is anything they could do....... and over the last few days we have been in talks with the folks, and I believe they are going to help pay for the original vet bill.

I take partial responsibility because I could have very easily steered my dog away from his dog. We were both walking our dogs in the apartment complex and my dog wanted to go say hi to the other dog, like he usually does without incident to any of the other dogs he's seen. It was dark and I didn't realize what kind of dog he had at first.

His dog immediately snatched mine up over his head and drove him into the ground. Really, the dude was minding his own business with his dog and I walked my dog, or should I say, my dog drug me over there to check him out.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
            This should have read " my Dachshund was bitten by a large mixed breed pit bull which i beat to death with a brick after he bit my dog"
            ^^^^^ Chris's girlfriend says THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
              My blue healer needed a few stitches yesterday and club hill animal clinic in garland fixed him up for cheap.
              No veterinarian, but this guy has a healer.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Comment

poor doggie Hope he/she recovers soon..
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Thanks! We called around today and described his condition, and the consensus is he's healing normally. They wouldn't want to suture it at this point because it needs to heal from the inside out. Only the smallest wound is still oozing.

His name is Red, aka The Brown Bullit.

Comment

dang man, sorry about your pup
                      sigpic

Comment

After some of the crap I have been through lately pet wise. I wish my Dad was still a Vet.
                        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Lets say your walking with your dog on the sidewalk and this vicious pit-bull starts to attack your dog, can you pull out your handy dandy pistola you carry and shoot the vicious dog attacking your dog?

Comment

Although not helpful now, I will be managing a new clinic opening in Carrollton in a few weeks. Their prices will be very reasonable, the veterinarian is phenomenal as well.
                            -k

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
                              Although not helpful now, I will be managing a new clinic opening in Carrollton in a few weeks. Their prices will be very reasonable, the veterinarian is phenomenal as well.
                              -k
                              Who is the DVM?

Comment

Working...
                              X