Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New F-Series Trucks (150 & 250) -What's your experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
    Not to derail the story here (kinda the same issue)...but I had a SMALL incident with Grapevine Ford just a few weeks back.

Bought a 11' Fusion Sport, worked with Skip, deal went down as expected. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago where the battery (motorcraft) decides to crap out; I notice there is a sticker on top of the battery where Motocraft warranties the battery as follows:

0-36mos = Free replacement
    37-100mos = Prorated Discount

Well, I have owned my car for 2 1/2 years, put 45k miles on it and obviously the 36k warranty is out. Take it to the dealership (Grapevine), speak with a service advisor who brings out a guy because "they have never seen that before".

Long story short, they tell me to pay $164 for a new battery or GTFO...Their reason....the car had over 36k miles, and since the battery came with the car, it was covered under the cars warranty, -_- that was the face I had the whole time as I knew it was BS.

Called the store, spoke with the service manager as I had my kid and wife with me, I didn’t want to get stupid in front of them. Spoke to the manager, he also told me to STFU and GTFO unless I wanted to buy a new battery for $164. I told him that this small matter could make or break a sale in the near future, he didn’t give two shits

So now, I am on to GMC or Dodge for my future truck, I loved Fords...but CANNOT stand the way they acted which makes me not even want to look at Fords anymore, at least not anytime soon.
    Just keep in-mind, this is more an issue with the dealership...not necessarily Ford. FWIW, I've never had good experiences with the Svc. dept at GVF...those idiots couldn't fix a PB&J sandwich, much less an issue with a car. However, until recently I did always have a good experience with the Sales dept. never any haggle or BS dealing with Skip...those days are long gone tho....this last time was a pure beating on the haggle, and they wore me the hell out trying to sell all that other worthless shit too.

This was the last one I'll buy from them.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
      Just keep in-mind, this is more an issue with the dealership...not necessarily Ford. FWIW, I've never had good experiences with the Svc. dept at GVF...those idiots couldn't fix a PB&J sandwich, much less an issue with a car. However, until recently I did always have a good experience with the Sales dept. never any haggle or BS dealing with Skip...those days are long gone tho....this last time was a pure beating on the haggle, and they wore me the hell out trying to sell all that other worthless shit too.

This was the last one I'll buy from them.
      No problem with Ford as a brand...however it is the dealerships I have become annoyed with. I would love to find one that at least pretends to have my best interest in mind...lol
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I told him that this small matter could make or break a sale in the near future, he didn’t give two shits

I'm not defending anyone in this, but at this^ point in the conversation, I'd have told you to get lost. There are plenty of ways to get your point across without threatening. I wouldn't have given a shit either.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Not to derail the story here (kinda the same issue)...but I had a SMALL incident with Grapevine Ford just a few weeks back.

Bought a 11' Fusion Sport, worked with Skip, deal went down as expected. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago where the battery (motorcraft) decides to crap out; I notice there is a sticker on top of the battery where Motocraft warranties the battery as follows:

0-36mos = Free replacement
          37-100mos = Prorated Discount

Well, I have owned my car for 2 1/2 years, put 45k miles on it and obviously the 36k warranty is out. Take it to the dealership (Grapevine), speak with a service advisor who brings out a guy because "they have never seen that before".

Long story short, they tell me to pay $164 for a new battery or GTFO...Their reason....the car had over 36k miles, and since the battery came with the car, it was covered under the cars warranty, -_- that was the face I had the whole time as I knew it was BS.

Called the store, spoke with the service manager as I had my kid and wife with me, I didn’t want to get stupid in front of them. Spoke to the manager, he also told me to STFU and GTFO unless I wanted to buy a new battery for $164. I told him that this small matter could make or break a sale in the near future, he didn’t give two shits

So now, I am on to GMC or Dodge for my future truck, I loved Fords...but CANNOT stand the way they acted which makes me not even want to look at Fords anymore, at least not anytime soon.
          Thats an aftermarket Motorcraft battery. Did you have a receipt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            Thats an aftermarket Motorcraft battery. Did you have a receipt?

Yeah, the loan documents from the purchase, lol

The car was a dealer trade. The dealer down 121 that had the car had placed it on the showroom floor. Not sure if it makes a difference.
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Well since you are out of vehicle warranty you are out of luck.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                Well since you are out of vehicle warranty you are out of luck.

How does that matter when the battery has a separate warranty through Mororcraft?

All the dealer had to do was switch the battery, then send this one back for a replacement, they don't even lose money on the deal and can keep a happy customer? Would make a little more sense to me for them to be a little more service/customer relations willing.

Just my opinion though, I won't deal with them again
                Last edited by Gtracer; 12-09-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X