Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New F-Series Trucks (150 & 250) -What's your experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2010 f150 4.6 3v and I love it. I've hauled cars and stuff with no problem love the 6 speed transmission. Average right at 17 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
      any update on how this has worked out? i know the weather has been crap and all but was just wondering.
      They didn't make it exactly right, but got close enough that I just said fuck-it and went with what I could get from them. Just be forewarned, all the advertisements about their "Love it or Leave it" guarantee on the website is a bunch of horse-shit....it sums up as, if you don't like it, just bring it back and we'll be happy to fuck you again.

Let's just say, I ended up losing thousands in the deal....13-days and ~800 miles on the F250 - that was a very expensive rental, but I'm happy to be away from it! I probably could have pressed it further, involved Ford maybe a lawyer and all that sort of route, but all this shit is coming at a terrible time (my mother is very ill in the hospital), and I really can't be dealing with this added stress right now.

The sales guys were great, they really did everything they could to work with me and make it right, but they have some manager out there named Mike Ivey who is a total POS in my book. I talked to this guy the first time and he immediately promised to make it right, whatever it was going to take, no problems, etc. I was supposed to hear back from him the following morning...never got that call nor any returned messages I left for him over the following few days. I finally just drove up there, but he was too chicken-shit to even show his face while I was there in-person as well.

In the end - I have a new FX4 F150 with all the options I wanted, not my first color choice, but close enough....however I do still feel VERY screwed in the end. 5 vehicles from GVF over about 10-years, and numerous referrals for family and friends....pretty sure my good customer svc experience left with Skip.

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
      Love me ecoboost, put a quality tune on it as soon as you get it! Wakes them up and fixes all the known problems(intercooler related)
      I've read that the intercooler issues were fixed with the 13' model year?....do you know what exactly the issues are?

Doesn't a tune kill the warranty on them?

BTW - thanks for the replies from everyone...I drove a 5.0 truck home one night...I did like it, but I drove an EB after that and I liked it more. ironically too, the 5.0 truck I was looking at was ~$2500 more than the one I ended up with, which has an EB and a few more other options. Kind of a no-brainer at that point.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

wow. glad i picked up my mustang before skip left. you would think they would take care of a customer like you. especially seeing how it was just a few days after the purchase. good luck with the truck and your mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
          Doesn't a tune kill the warranty on them?
          If your sliding rear window quits working, they can't exactly deny your warranty coverage because of a tune. If your engine blows up or the transmission takes a crap, there's a chance you're gonna receive a large repair bill.

Comment

From looking at several forums and what folks have tracked at www.fuelly.com, that kind of mpg is really unusual for a 4x4. Most are saying 15-16 on average. You sure the delete didn't make that difference for you? I'm, unfamiliar with the delete on these trucks, but doesn't it cause some issues with inspection, warranty, and such too?
            It may be unusual, but it's right...I hand calc every single fill up...I'm a tad OCD about it. With all of this ice and cold weather (letting it warm up, using 4wd a little, etc), I bet it will be in the 17mpg range. My typical fill up is at about 450 miles and 23 gallons...sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. The pre-delete mileage wasn't much different. This is mostly unloaded, btw. I carry stuff in the bed pretty often, but nothing huge, usually. It's a completely different story when pulling a trailer, though.

Btw, I got it inspected without a problem...I'm sure that ford would void the warranty if something catastrophic happened, but it's also easy to swap back, if you want. I have a friend with an identical truck to mine, and the last time he took it in for a warranty repair, one of the factory diesel techs told him that he needed to get an EGR/dpf delete...off the record, I'm sure.
            Last edited by STANGGT40; 12-08-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
              It may be unusual, but it's right...I hand calc every single fill up...I'm a tad OCD about it. With all of this ice and cold weather (letting it warm up, using 4wd a little, etc), I bet it will be in the 17mpg range. My typical fill up is at about 450 miles and 23 gallons...sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. The pre-delete mileage wasn't much different. This is mostly unloaded, btw. I carry stuff in the bed pretty often, but nothing huge, usually. It's a completely different story when pulling a trailer, though.

Btw, I got it inspected without a problem...I'm sure that ford would void the warranty if something catastrophic happened, but it's also easy to swap back, if you want. I have a friend with an identical truck to mine, and the last time he took it in for a warranty repair, one of the factory diesel techs told him that he needed to get an EGR/dpf delete...off the record, I'm sure.
              A buddy of mine recently brought his F250 into the dealership with a couple of issues, and they performed those deletes FOR him. He had no idea what they did to it, so I took a look. Sure enough, they did the logical service
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Wait what? Skip and Josh leave?
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  For those of you who have not heard, Rae and the kids and I are relocating to the Corpus Christi area next week. We will miss all of our North Texas family and friends, especially our Grapevine Ford/DFWMustangs.net family. We wish all of you the best and please stay in touch!!!!!! Reid Harmon 817-319-7596 Kathy Harmon 817

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Josh is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      If your sliding rear window quits working, they can't exactly deny your warranty coverage because of a tune. If your engine blows up or the transmission takes a crap, there's a chance you're gonna receive a large repair bill.
                      So pretty much what I thought....mine won't be getting a tune any time soon.

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post

That's great man...hang onto that one, apparently you got ahold of a Friday build!

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                      Josh is still there.
                      Yup, he is the one who passed along Mike Ivey's name. For the record, this deal was out of his hands....he had no involvement.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Here's some icing on the cake...

I had a little Ford piston keychain that was given to me as a gift from back when I got my Mustang, like this....

The key to the F250 was on it...I didn't realize until after I left with the F150 that they hadn't given it back to me, so I texted the sales guy that night letting him know that I wanted that back...they still owe me the 2nd key to the new truck anyway, so I told him to just save it and I'll get them both later this week.

He calls me today to tell me that he can't find the keychain. Apparently someone already fucking stole that too!

This ordeal was beyond a bad experience.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Here's some icing on the cake...

I had a little Ford piston keychain that was given to me as a gift from back when I got my Mustang, like this....

The key to the F250 was on it...I didn't realize until after I left with the F150 that they hadn't given it back to me, so I texted the sales guy that night letting him know that I wanted that back...they still owe me the 2nd key to the new truck anyway, so I told him to just save it and I'll get them both later this week.

He calls me today to tell me that he can't find the keychain. Apparently someone already fucking stole that too!

This ordeal was beyond a bad experience.
                          I'll take "Why stealerships suck" for $500 Alex?
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            I'll take "Why stealerships suck" for $500 Alex?
                            Agreed.

....and I realize it's just a $5-10 keychain...but it was also a gift from my Mom who happens to be very sick and in the hospital right now. Just more of a sign I guess.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Agreed.

....and I realize it's just a $5-10 keychain...but it was also a gift from my Mom who happens to be very sick and in the hospital right now. Just more of a sign I guess.
                              Who cares if you were paid to get that key chain? It's not their property, and they should respect that. No respect
                              Originally posted by Buzzo
                              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Not to derail the story here (kinda the same issue)...but I had a SMALL incident with Grapevine Ford just a few weeks back.

Bought a 11' Fusion Sport, worked with Skip, deal went down as expected. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago where the battery (motorcraft) decides to crap out; I notice there is a sticker on top of the battery where Motocraft warranties the battery as follows:

0-36mos = Free replacement
                                37-100mos = Prorated Discount

Well, I have owned my car for 2 1/2 years, put 45k miles on it and obviously the 36k warranty is out. Take it to the dealership (Grapevine), speak with a service advisor who brings out a guy because "they have never seen that before".

Long story short, they tell me to pay $164 for a new battery or GTFO...Their reason....the car had over 36k miles, and since the battery came with the car, it was covered under the cars warranty, -_- that was the face I had the whole time as I knew it was BS.

Called the store, spoke with the service manager as I had my kid and wife with me, I didn’t want to get stupid in front of them. Spoke to the manager, he also told me to STFU and GTFO unless I wanted to buy a new battery for $164. I told him that this small matter could make or break a sale in the near future, he didn’t give two shits

So now, I am on to GMC or Dodge for my future truck, I loved Fords...but CANNOT stand the way they acted which makes me not even want to look at Fords anymore, at least not anytime soon.
                                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                                X