Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New F-Series Trucks (150 & 250) -What's your experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you definetly have something wrong with your mileage. i have a 2012 F250. it has a 6" lift, and 24" wheels with 38" tires. i get about 14 in town, and about 16 on the highway(70-75mph). you should be getting well above that with just a little oversized tires.

if i were to get rid of my truck which im really thinking about, i will get a f150 ecoboost with 3.55 or 3.73 gears. i like the idea of the max tow package(to get 3.73 gears) but the big mirrors that come with that package look retarded to me on the little f150 truck. i tow a 23' wakeboat(about 6500 lbs probably) and everyone i know with similiar sized boats said the ecoboost will pull it just as well as a diesal. the torque curve on the ecoboost is almost identical to a diesal engine.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      Huh?

Where other than out in BFE is ethanol free available?
      Corrected, lol.

Here in Gainesville there are 2 stations that have it available. Usually "co-op" stations have it. It's great to use for lawn mowers too, since the ethanol mixes go bad very quick. If you have anything that is an "off road" diesel, fill it up with off road diesel fuel. It's a bit cheaper, and contains the proper amount of Sulfur for lubrication.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
        you definetly have something wrong with your mileage. i have a 2012 F250. it has a 6" lift, and 24" wheels with 38" tires. i get about 14 in town, and about 16 on the highway(70-75mph). you should be getting well above that with just a little oversized tires.

if i were to get rid of my truck which im really thinking about, i will get a f150 ecoboost with 3.55 or 3.73 gears. i like the idea of the max tow package(to get 3.73 gears) but the big mirrors that come with that package look retarded to me on the little f150 truck. i tow a 23' wakeboat(about 6500 lbs probably) and everyone i know with similiar sized boats said the ecoboost will pull it just as well as a diesal. the torque curve on the ecoboost is almost identical to a diesal engine.
        I added the towing mirrors on mine, have the stock non towing ones in a box. They were taken off with 400mi on the truck. I'll sell you them if you get a Max tow equipped rig.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
          Corrected, lol.

Here in Gainesville there are 2 stations that have it available. Usually "co-op" stations have it. It's great to use for lawn mowers too, since the ethanol mixes go bad very quick. If you have anything that is an "off road" diesel, fill it up with off road diesel fuel. It's a bit cheaper, and contains the proper amount of Sulfur for lubrication.
          I've got a buddy in drilling out here and he was saying even red diesel they take to the rigs is low sulfur now.

Here is a source for ethanol free gas, just be careful I was getting it from a independent station here because it was ethanol free and notice a bunch of crap in the bottom on a clear VP can after filling it with their gas.

Pure-gas.org is the definitive web site listing stations that sell pure gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
            You sure it hasn't been wrecked? My 14 f250 is so quite and smooth I forget it a 3/4 ton diesel.

Best tank with 1500 m7les on it is 18.4 hand calculated 20" wheels 4x4
            I thought the same....I've looked over it a ton, and I don't find any indication of bodywork, paint work, over spray, etc. Also had a clean Carfax and Oasis.

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
            That sucks. I really like how quiet the new 6.7 is from the outside, but I've never ridden in one. You didn't notice any of those issues when you test drove it?
            The first time I test drove it was after work and there was a ton of traffic in the area, so I didn't get it on the hwy. The second time (as luck would have it) it was raining out...it was noisy on the hwy, but I attributed it to the rain and all the water on the road. I looked the truck over a lot and didn't see anything unusual, but keep in mind it is a really clean truck...you really wouldn't expect it to have these problems just looking it over.

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
            I have a 2011 f250 screw 4x4 kr with about 51k...the only noise issue I've noticed is the driver side seatbelt connection point has a minor squeak. I just rotate it back and it stops. I regularly get 19-20 mpg, unloaded...mine is deleted with a minimax, but mileage was about the same before the deletes. If I recall correctly, I have either 3.31 or 3.55 gears...
            From looking at several forums and what folks have tracked at www.fuelly.com, that kind of mpg is really unusual for a 4x4. Most are saying 15-16 on average. You sure the delete didn't make that difference for you? I'm, unfamiliar with the delete on these trucks, but doesn't it cause some issues with inspection, warranty, and such too?

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
            I was wondering the same thing about being wrecked. I havent ridden in a newer one, much less driven one, so I cant speak first hand on them. I've heard nothing but good things.

I have an 06 F250, with no squeaks or rattles. Drives great for a 3/4 ton truck. From what I understand, the new ones are supposed to ride/drive even better.

Sorry to hear you're not liking it, but glad to hear GVF is willing to help make it right.
            I'm fairly certain that the tires are mostly to blame for the rough ride and the shake...it has 325's on it. Who knows on all the noises though...I don't think it's typical for these.

As-of right now GVF isn't exactly "coming through" for me, though. Their first offer was for me to take over $5000 loss to trade it back on a new F150....that's a pretty expensive rental for 13-days and ~800 miles....on a vehicle that was supposed to be a certified pre-owned. Especially when they have this shit plastered all over their website too - http://www.grapevineford.com/love-it-or-leave-it-promise.htm

We're not done talking yet, though. I'll update how it turns out....I drove a F150 Fx4 5.0 home last night so that they can look the SD over. Wow! what a huge difference...it's WAY more quiet on the inside and rides 10-times better. If we can get closer on what I want back for the 250 I'm going to see about taking an EcoBoost home for a day next.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            Maybe it looked like my old one at one point in its life....

I can't find any evidence of it, but it sure would explain a lot...I thought maybe hit in the drivers side doors, or maybe even some roof damage. We've confirmed for sure that it has had a windshield at some point.

For reference...this is the truck.....

70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              Huh?

Where other than out in BFE is ethanol free available?
              I'm in bfe and its gone here as of last year

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                I've got a buddy in drilling out here and he was saying even red diesel they take to the rigs is low sulfur now.

Here is a source for ethanol free gas, just be careful I was getting it from a independent station here because it was ethanol free and notice a bunch of crap in the bottom on a clear VP can after filling it with their gas.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX
                If even "off road" diesel is low sulfur now, then many trucks and pieces of equipment are fucked. I've already had to replace multiple seals and such on my father's 7.3l due to the low sulfur diesel.
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I just bought a 2013 5.0 fx2 loaded and I love the hell out of it. My only regret is I didn't fork out the extra for a 4x4. Reid Harmon is the man.
                  03 cobra

Comment

I really wanted a F150 at first. I drove all three and would have gone with the 6.2L

Comment

i have a 2013 f150 5.0 with 17k on it. no problems so far. the only thing i would say is dont pay for the upgraded sony stereo system, save your money and go aftermarket.

the same system in my 09 lariat rock, however, for whatever reason it sucks in my 13.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I had a 2011 SD lariat ultimate and absolutely loved everything about it. Traded on a 13 F-150 Platinum and the thing had so much road and wind noise it was unbelievable. Had it in the shop several times and could never find it. I now have a 13 Lariat F-150 and again road noise is horrid. Bad to the point when the wind is blowing it whistles. Had it at the shop and can not find leaks...pressure tested it and nothing.

I believe the quality has sunk a little with ford, doors are thinner and not insulated or sealed welll and it allows for so much noise.

I have owned ford trucks forever, I'm actually looking at the new GMCs and Tundras because of the problems with the road noise.

Comment

Originally posted by gripenfelter View Post
                          I had a 2011 SD lariat ultimate and absolutely loved everything about it. Traded on a 13 F-150 Platinum and the thing had so much road and wind noise it was unbelievable. Had it in the shop several times and could never find it. I now have a 13 Lariat F-150 and again road noise is horrid. Bad to the point when the wind is blowing it whistles. Had it at the shop and can not find leaks...pressure tested it and nothing.

I believe the quality has sunk a little with ford, doors are thinner and not insulated or sealed welll and it allows for so much noise.

I have owned ford trucks forever, I'm actually looking at the new GMCs and Tundras because of the problems with the road noise.
                          Crazy - everyone comments about how quiet my '11 Platinum is on the highway.I 'm always on my phone via the SYNC system and people say they can't tell that I'm not holding the phone up to my ear.

And, O/P, I've got 3:73's in my max-tow.

Comment

any update on how this has worked out? i know the weather has been crap and all but was just wondering.

Comment

Love me ecoboost, put a quality tune on it as soon as you get it! Wakes them up and fixes all the known problems(intercooler related)
                              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by gripenfelter View Post

Only noise I hear with mine are the tires I put on. Before that, it was the quietest truck I had ever been in.
                                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                                X