Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New F-Series Trucks (150 & 250) -What's your experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had an 11 F250 6.7L that got totaled with 21k miles and I currently daily drive a 12 with 26k miles. I haven't had any of the issues that you have except the mileage, but I also have a heavy foot. Both of mine have indicated 14.1 with mixed driving and I've seen 15-16.5 on the highways running 70-80. Mine has slightly oversized BFG ATs and besides the sidewalls felling a little squishier it drives just like it did with factory michelins. Sounds like you either got a lemon or someone abused the hell out of it before you got it.

Comment

I have the 3.31 with electronic locker as well, would probably jump up a few if i was going to make this a dedicated towing rig. everyone loves the back seat, they did a good thing with both the way the seats collapse out of the way, and eliminating the trans tunnel.

Comment

I had a 2012 F150 ecoboost...It was a great truck and I never had problems with mine. that being said, the forums were flooded with people complaining about a sloppy transmission. The ecoboost had the major intercooler issue. It was a very smooth truck and drove well. If I were to do it again, Id probably go with the 5.0. The ecoboost was nice but I sure didnt see 20+ mpg out of it. I got 18 max (hand calc).

Now Im driving a 2011 F250 job 1. This had me a little worried but it has been a great truck. Im about to turn 15k miles on it since I got it used at 30k miles. The worst problem I have had is a taillight bulb went out. Very strong, mileage is about 18ish though I drive quite a bit of highway. I have a lariat ultimate 2wd. Love the truck and would buy again.

Comment

in '13 i believe the intercooler was fixed, and larger turbos added IIRC. Trans isn't sloppy at all, though i wish it would stay locked a little stronger in 6th.

Comment

I have 2 2012 5.0's both haul well, no problems with anything, one hauls the mower trailer dialy with just under 24k, no problems, gets around 12mpg , all stop and go, no highway
            also have 1 2012 ecoboost fx4 that I have as my spray truck, 2k pound sprayer in back of bed and stays right around 15mpg
            last is a 2013 ecoboost fx2, wifes truck, gas mileage is right around 16-18 (mainly town driving)
            the gas mileage on the ecoboost's that I have are not what I hear, but we are also all heavy footed drivers and the fx's have the steeper gears from what I understand now.
            I really enjoy the responsiveness of the ecoboost and it is extremely quiet.
            all except the wifes truck have over 20k miles with no problems, no squeaks, trans all good, etc..
            all are f150s

Comment

You sure it hasn't been wrecked? My 14 f250 is so quite and smooth I forget it a 3/4 ton diesel.

Best tank with 1500 m7les on it is 18.4 hand calculated 20" wheels 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                I have 2 2012 5.0's both haul well, no problems with anything, one hauls the mower trailer dialy with just under 24k, no problems, gets around 12mpg , all stop and go, no highway
                also have 1 2012 ecoboost fx4 that I have as my spray truck, 2k pound sprayer in back of bed and stays right around 15mpg
                last is a 2013 ecoboost fx2, wifes truck, gas mileage is right around 16-18 (mainly town driving)
                the gas mileage on the ecoboost's that I have are not what I hear, but we are also all heavy footed drivers and the fx's have the steeper gears from what I understand now.
                I really enjoy the responsiveness of the ecoboost and it is extremely quiet.
                all except the wifes truck have over 20k miles with no problems, no squeaks, trans all good, etc..
                all are f150s
                Load the ecoboost up with ethanol free gasoline. Your mpg will go* way up. My uncle has an extended cab 4x4 'boost, and it gets a consistent disappointing 17mpg no matter what. He filled it up with ethanol free and got mid 20s all day. Ford tested their trucks on ethanol free fuel I guess
                Last edited by crapstang; 12-05-2013, 12:43 PM. Reason: sonofabitch
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

That sucks. I really like how quiet the new 6.7 is from the outside, but I've never ridden in one. You didn't notice any of those issues when you test drove it?

Comment

I have a 2011 f250 screw 4x4 kr with about 51k...the only noise issue I've noticed is the driver side seatbelt connection point has a minor squeak. I just rotate it back and it stops. I regularly get 19-20 mpg, unloaded...mine is deleted with a minimax, but mileage was about the same before the deletes. If I recall correctly, I have either 3.31 or 3.55 gears...

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                      Load the ecoboost up with ethanol free gasoline. Your mpg will gay way up. My uncle has an extended cab 4x4 'boost, and it gets a consistent disappointing 17mpg no matter what. He filled it up with ethanol free and got mid 20s all day. Ford tested their trucks on ethanol free fuel I guess
                      Huh?

Where other than out in BFE is ethanol free available?

Comment

Just so everyone knows, the Ecoboost engines have stretch to fit belts that are a pain to put on...

A squirrel was in my dads belts when he started up his truck and tore up both belts. Can't find the belts in the local auto parts stores, had to get it from ford.
                        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                          You sure it hasn't been wrecked? My 14 f250 is so quite and smooth I forget it a 3/4 ton diesel.

Best tank with 1500 m7les on it is 18.4 hand calculated 20" wheels 4x4

I was wondering the same thing about being wrecked. I havent ridden in a newer one, much less driven one, so I cant speak first hand on them. I've heard nothing but good things.

I have an 06 F250, with no squeaks or rattles. Drives great for a 3/4 ton truck. From what I understand, the new ones are supposed to ride/drive even better.

Sorry to hear you're not liking it, but glad to hear GVF is willing to help make it right.

Comment

I have a 2011 F250 King Ranch with 65K miles. No major problems or noises. Only problem was the blower motor for the AC/Heat went out. By far the best F250 I have ever owned.

Comment

I have a 12 F350. I love it...it does have some vibrations at 70mph and the suspension is a bit stiff, but overall it's the best truck I have owned.

Comment

Maybe it looked like my old one at one point in its life....

Comment

Working...
                                X