No announcement yet.

Hospitals are....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go find a gurney in a corner like usually near an elevator and grab a sheet. Lay down and pull sheet fully over your head...then wait till someone walks by and flop out an arm or sneeze. Even funnier if you lay there with wood. This all "might" get you kicked out.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      Yes, the waiting rooms are boring. More so when you don't know what's going on with your loved ones.

Glad your dad is ok.
      I was back in the trauma ER with him.
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        The one accident I have been in with airbag deployment, the airbag caused more damage to me than would have occurred if I had none. Primarily, scrapes and burns on both forearms from it deploying.
        On the flip side of that, I have had them save my life. They beat me up pretty good as well, but again, I probably would have died without them. We were on I-20 and the driver had a seizure. We ended up hitting a tree at about 70MPH. I ended up with a broken heal, ankle, foot, shoulder and a dislocated elbow. I also had various burns on my forearms and my teeth put a hole in my bottom lip.

I have been told that they don't teach holding the steering wheel at 10 and 2 anymore because of the airbags. They want you to use 4 and 8...

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
          On the flip side of that, I have had them save my life. They beat me up pretty good as well, but again, I probably would have died without them. We were on I-20 and the driver had a seizure. We ended up hitting a tree at about 70MPH. I ended up with a broken heal, ankle, foot, shoulder and a dislocated elbow. I also had various burns on my forearms and my teeth put a hole in my bottom lip.

I have been told that they don't teach holding the steering wheel at 10 and 2 anymore because of the airbags. They want you to use 4 and 8...
          Yeah, same thing I have heard. I was at about 9 and 3 and braced for impact which is what screwed me. That shit burned like a mofo too. A chick made a left turn into my lane from a blind spot then slammed on her brakes when she saw me, right in my path. I was going about 30 and had about 3 feet of skidmarks. T-boned the shit out of her. Totalled the Gallant I was driving (rental) and probably hers too. I pushed her several feet, blew both of her drivers side tires and caved in the passenger side a good foot at the bottom of the doors. I had no other injuries aside from my arms.

I just wish they required a little more speed or impact force to deploy. Had they not, I would have had nothing but the bruise from the seatbelt. My body didn't even touch the bag. The passenger side bag went off too, and destroyed the windshield.

Comment

Working...
          X