Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know the old saying, if I didn't have bad luck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know the old saying, if I didn't have bad luck...

I'd have no luck at all.

Fucking A. New appliance nightmare! A couple years ago we ordered a new dishwasher from Sears. Day of delivery, they call and say it is not in stock, can't deliver for a few weeks. Cancelled the order. 2 weeks ago, against my better judgement, we ordered from Sears again, same fucken thing happens! 1/2 hour before delivery, they call and say they have to reschedule. Ended up cancelling again..l I hate, HATE Sears! .

Went to Home Depot, ordered a Washer and Dryer (same day we ordered the dishwasher from Sears, HD had better prices). Deliver scheduled for today. it shows up, dryer is busted and does not work. Home Depot says if he takes it back, it will be 2 weeks before he can schedule a new one, and have it installed. Said if I call LG, they can deliver a new one usually within 2 days. I call, and am supposed to get a delivery call tomorrow...

Ordered a dishwasher from HD last Wednesday. Didn't check over the paperwork until Saturday, and notice it is the wrong color ordered. Go to HD, have to cancel/refund that order and order a new one. Do that, go in back to order a new one and then Citi declines the charge, thinking all these appliance charges are fraud, LOL. 10 minutes on the phone to clear it up, get a new one ordered and delivery set for next Monday. Hope to hell this one works and actually gets delivered!

I hate ordering new appliances!

First world problems.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      First world problems.

Stevo
      true story.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Have anything against bLowe's? I used to work for them in the delivery dept. A LOT less bullshit when getting something delivered. At least they wait until all orders are pulled and the truck is loaded and strapped down ready to go before they call and tell you about what time they should be there. If it's not there when they pull the order, they'll call that morning when they discover it's not there and let you know and reschedule for the next day or whenever it comes in...they'll actually get the company it's ordered from on the phone and find out what's going on instead of guessing. They also generally offer next day delivery, and usually free delivery as well. And management is more concerned with the company looking good in your eyes, if you're not happy with something, either how long it took to get there, took too long to install, delivery driver looked at your dog wrong and made it shit the floor, whatever it is, they'll give a little discount to shut you up and make you at least "ok" with everything. And if you just want to be an ass and save a few bucks, when the delivery driver isn't looking, put a small dent in a place you won't be able to see when whatever you ordered is being installed, and throw a big ass fit about it. They'll call their delivery manager, tell them what's going on, and they'll usually offer a 10%-15% discount on the order right there on the phone.
        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Sounds like you suck at ordering appliances. Texas Appliance Warehouse, forget paying full price and they've delivered on time.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I went to Lowes first actually, and asked the guy to check on available delivery dates. 15 minutes later, he was helping someone else out and pretended to not see me when I was walking towards him. Decided to give HD a try then.

Shit, I shoulda bitched instead, I'm good at that when I get pissed off!

Comment

Typical box store story. Visit your local owned appliance dealer and either take it with you or have it delivered within 24-48 hours. Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Sounds like you suck at ordering appliances. Texas Appliance Warehouse, forget paying full price and they've delivered on time.
                Never heard of them before. Just called, $85 cheaper than HD!

HD delivered on time, just the dryer was not working, so I can't blame them. No visible damage to it at all, so just a factory fuck up somehow (bad luck!)

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  Never heard of them before. Just called, $85 cheaper than HD!

HD delivered on time, just the dryer was not working, so I can't blame them. No visible damage to it at all, so just a factory fuck up somehow (bad luck!)
                  Connections rattle loose in shipping all the time. I'm sure that is all it was. It's possible a board or motor was bad, but a connection being jarred loose is much more likely/common.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Please listen! Go to Conn's website and order your (insert appliance here) and then pick it up an hour later in Carrolton. I have replaced all my appliances and this was by far the best way. No dealing with sales people or price matching games.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

I got my washer/dryer next day from sears no problem. *shrug*

Also had conns do me right for a fridge, they where easier to deal with for sure.
                      1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                      1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                      2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

What ever you do, do not order Haier.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Connections rattle loose in shipping all the time. I'm sure that is all it was. It's possible a board or motor was bad, but a connection being jarred loose is much more likely/common.
                          One of the delivery guys took it apart to look at it and see if he could see anything wrong, but couldn't.

I don't have any particular reason, but I just do not like Conn's, at all. No idea why, just don't.

Comment

house stuff can be so fucking frustrating... 1st world problems, I know, but still

with that said, thankfully I had no issues with my appliance purchase from Home Depot

eff picking up an appliance, they're delivering that shit!
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              house stuff can be so fucking frustrating... 1st world problems, I know, but still

with that said, thankfully I had no issues with my appliance purchase from Home Depot

eff picking up an appliance, they're delivering that shit!
                              ^^ he speaks the truth! Plus, HD has $0 delivery!

Comment

Working...
                              X