No announcement yet.

2015 mustang, here it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rights to the very first 2015 Ford Mustang GT was sold to the highest bidder at the Barrett-Jackson auctions taking place in Scottsdale, Arizona over the weekend. The final bid was a respectable $300,000, the proceeds of which will go to benefit diabetes support group JDRF.

As previously reported, the first production Mustang GT is yet to be built (the version on display was a pre-production unit), meaning the winning bidder will still be able to select the color of the car as well as any options. On top of this, the team involved in the 2015 Mustang’s design and development will sign the car in appreciation of the donation to JDRF.

The new Mustang will initially be offered in three flavors: base V-6, mid-level turbo four and range-topping V-8, with the latter being the Mustang GT you see here. Peak output from its 5.0-liter V-8 will hover somewhere around 420 horsepower and 396 pound-feet of torque.

Production of the new Mustang starts in the coming months and the first examples are expected in showrooms in the fall. As part of the Mustang nameplate’s 50th anniversary on April 17, Ford is expected to make a major announcement, possibly centering on the introduction of a special edition model.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post

Production of the new Mustang starts in the coming months and the first examples are expected in showrooms in the fall. As part of the Mustang nameplate’s 50th anniversary on April 17, Ford is expected to make a major announcement, possibly centering on the introduction of a special edition model.
      So I've got until April 17th to find a new job that has a good sized hiring bonus so I can buy what I "think" will be a 2014.5 Mustang..

Comment

• damn, I was under the impression that the 2016's were going to be the first to get he turbo 4. Now I have to find a few thousand dollars in less than a year?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Any real weight numbers yet???
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Any real weight numbers yet???

nooooooooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              Any real weight numbers yet???
              Not yet! Boo!
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working...