Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is a good/cheap place to buy Christmas lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a good/cheap place to buy Christmas lights?

I am going to put up a bunch of lights on the exterior of my house. This is the first year my son is really excited about Christmas, so I am going to go all out. I have some lights, but I want to cover the front of my house. Almost to the extreme as Clark Griswald. I know this is not the cheap time of year to buy these. Probably going to hit some of the big hardware stores today.

CN

Garden ridge, lowes, Home Depot. Maybe someone is selling their old stuff on craigslist. Whatever you do, you have to decide if you are going to use LED lights or the old style.

Comment

Get LED.

Comment

I would rather have the LEDs. I hate trying to find working lights, especially if all of them go out.

CN

Comment

bought a few boxes from a guy on craigslist selling color and white led lights. They were new and look really nice.

Last edited by hxbernal; 12-01-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Walmart has cheap multi colored icicle lights $8 a box for 14ft lighted strand
            C9 are like $6 a box for an 18ft lighted strand
            I like the LED lights because its easier on that electric bill, you can put more strands on a single outlet, but they are very dim. When we put them up you have to put your hands around them to even tell if they are on in the day time. Here are some examples. Good luck finding the old style at any store they have been faised out by the LED

Old style lighted during the day.

New style LED C9's

Icicle lights
            Last edited by Country cracker; 12-01-2013, 11:27 AM.
            "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

I can confirm the a lot of the newer led lights are dim as hell. That's what I've had the past two years and they just suck in my opinion.
              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Skip this year and buy next year's lights the day after christmas. You can probably do the whole house for $3.50.

Comment

If you want cheap, LED is not what you want. They are more expensive.

Comment

Costco has GE LED's at a good price. The strands are also longer than what you'll find elsewhere, at least this was the case when I bought them four years ago. I went all out and bought a ton of them. I've replaced three bulbs in 20 strands since I've had them. If a strand ever craps out completely, I'll just take it back. Costco return policy ftw.

Comment

We have about 8 boxes of clear c9 lights still in the box. You can buy them for $7/box
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        Skip this year and buy next year's lights the day after christmas. You can probably do the whole house for $3.50.
                        You'd think but they usually sell out way before Christmas and being seasonal stores don't reorder.

Comment

I got ours at Walmart...$2.50 for 100 ft I think...got $20 worth
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                            I got ours at Walmart...$2.50 for 100 ft I think...got $20 worth
                            Probably 100 lights...

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              Probably 100 lights...

Got this last year for 14 on clearance, still debating whether to put it up or not

Comment

Working...
                              X