No announcement yet.

Best rewards credit cards out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put all my spending on my credit cards yet still dont think they amount to much. Credit card sign up bonus is the only thing I really pay attention to. Used 500k miles last year and had a hell of a round the world trip.

Comment

Compare all you want...
      Our experts at Bankrate compile credit card offers, reviews, and advice to help you find the right credit card for your financial goals.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
        Wife and I have the penfed rewards. 5points gas, 3 grocery, 1 everything else. The points are now devalued some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
        That's the only one I have.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
          amex blue prefered.. 5% groceries 3% gas 1% everything else
          Annual fee?

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            Annual fee?
            $75
            2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

I use Discover for most everything we purchase - get 3% on everything and 5% on whatever the quarterly special is.

No shit, I've earned almost $2500 year to date in "free" cash. If I could figure out how to put my mortgage and all other bills on it, I'd do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                I use Discover for most everything we purchase - get 3% on everything and 5% on whatever the quarterly special is.

No shit, I've earned almost $2500 year to date in "free" cash. If I could figure out how to put my mortgage and all other bills on it, I'd do it.
                Which card is that? I'm seeing a 3% cash back promo for 6 months on the Discover More, but nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  Which card is that? I'm seeing a 3% cash back promo for 6 months on the Discover More, but nothing else.
                  It may be a promo, I don't know.... I've had this card since 2007 though.

Comment

"Christ on a crutch!" - Dave Ramsey

Comment

Live like no one else so that you can live like no one else.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

any specific card recommendations for a first time user?

i want to start building my credit. how long would it take to build a decent credit by paying off the balance every month? does it matter how much you spend?

i just want to start charging essentials like gas, groceries, etc... and pay it off every billing cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          any specific card recommendations for a first time user?

i want to start building my credit. how long would it take to build a decent credit by paying off the balance every month? does it matter how much you spend?

i just want to start charging essentials like gas, groceries, etc... and pay it off every billing cycle.
                          Do you have any credit history? If not, it may limit your options initially. The biggest effects on your score will be average age of accounts and % usage. If you can time it right to show 5-10% usage and still PIF and avoid interest you will be better off than showing no usage. As for which cards make good starter cards, I can't comment. I am cleaning my credit up and digging out of a bad spot I put myself into about 5 years ago. I managed a cap one card and 8 months later a barclays rewards card. I am hoping for a prime card and an auto loan next year.

Look for soft appovals so you don't take a hard inquiry to find out you are denied.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

24 yo no credit history. if i could get something with rewards that would be cool, but i dont want to pay an annual fee starting out.

it's just going to be used for necessities for now so i can build it up. interest doesnt matter ill be paying it off every billing cycle.

Comment

I need American to run the 100k free miles promotion they did about 3 years ago so I can get a free trip to Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                                24 yo no credit history. if i could get something with rewards that would be cool, but i dont want to pay an annual fee starting out.

it's just going to be used for necessities for now so i can build it up. interest doesnt matter ill be paying it off every billing cycle.
                                If you have a long account history with your bank/cu try them first. If you haven't applied for any credit in the last 24 months, a couple of hard pulls won't hurt you too bad. Do some reading at www.creditboards.com find cards that pull different bureaus to spread the pulls out. Cap one is a decent starter card if you have to start there. However, the credit limit doesn't grow with you very well. If that is the case, keep the starter card for 8-12 months and apply for a prime card
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X