No announcement yet.

Thinking of running from the cops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send pics of the chick. Is Rafa gone? I'll bring some booze, condoms and Clorox.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      We have all seen high-speed police chases on TV. And statistics show that they’re as dangerous as they appear. 360 people are killed each year because of chases, according to a 2010 study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Now, StarChase, a Virginia-based law enforcement technology company, wants to halt those risky pursuits with a device straight out of a James Bond movie.

The company’s device is a launchable GPS tracker that is mounted onto the grill of a police car. When a suspect flees in a vehicle, an officer can fire a small sticky GPS tracker onto the suspect’s car.

“Law enforcement uses this technology in situations where they have a high-risk vehicle,” said Trevor Fischbach, StarChase’s president. “That could be a stolen car, a car that has narcotics in it, it could be a DUI suspect.”

The GPS module is coated with an adhesive and won’t fall off. The officer then tracks the suspect with mapping software without having to engage in a potentially dangerous chase.

The device isn’t cheap. It costs $5,000 per vehicle to install StarChase, and each replacement GPS tracker costs $500.

Sounds far-fetched? The company recently announced statistics claiming that, on average, a suspect vehicle slows to within 10 miles of the posted speed limit less than two minutes after being tagged. Better yet, there were no injuries, fatalities or property damage, and police apprehended 80 percent of tagged suspects .
      Wish they had a video in action showing this device, I'd like to see how accurate it is to adhering to an evading sportbike

Comment

If you're a going to run, just oil up the back of your car.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
          So much for just pulling in a random driveway and cutting off the lights
          All you have to do is cross the county line, then just stop. I've seen Bo and Luke do it many times.

Comment

If you search UK web sites you will find a GPS jammer that plugs into the 12 volt outlet in your car and works for a radius of about 20 feet for under $100 US. They work very well.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Relinquished gives all Donalds a bad, bad retarded name
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                All you have to do is cross the county line, then just stop. I've seen Bo and Luke do it many times.
                Out in the sticks it's a little different. When I was 12-13 years old helping out on my grandparents farm, there was a few times I had to drive to town. When a cop would light me up I'd just floor it in the old farm truck, take the first street I came to and turn in the first drive out of sight.the farm truck was an old dodge half ton with a 440 in it. It would run like a scalded ass ape.
                "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Jesus....Welcome to Costco, I love you.

Exactly. I made zero statement about the chase, just alluded that these "beneficial" police technologies are rarely used for their intended purpose.

Don't chase them, immediately safer. Technology exists to mark down their plate number, called a camera.

Exactly.
                  How well does a plate number work for a stolen car? Or a kidnapping victim inside of a car?

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                    How well does a plate number work for a stolen car? Or a kidnapping victim inside of a car?
                    Simple minds don't think that criminals can do such things

Comment

I dont care what they say your gonna hear that thing go thunk when it hits the metal.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                        If you're a going to run, just oil up the back of your car.
                        Zaino will do the trick, the finish on your car is as smooth as silk.

Comment

lol. It's like 2004 all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                            Those are unique situations.

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
                            Simple minds don't think that criminals can do such things
                            You're a cop, calling other people simple? I don't envy your job, and understand the necessity, but the modern breed of cops aren't exactly known for their outside of the box thinking.

I damn near posted that!

Comment

Working...
                            X