No announcement yet.

So this morning marked the 16th earthquake this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the railroad commission held a town meeting for an hour and a half and didn't say 1 word. What a huge waste of fucking time. It was just citizens voicing their opinions. So far the count is up to somewhere around 30 since the first of November. Although the last week we have only had 1 and coincidently most of the rigs have been slower during the holidays. I think it's all the injection wells. You can't drain the oil out of your engine and replace it with water and expect it to run normal. My biggest worries are the gas lines. There has already been 3 houses explode that were related to gas lines.
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
      Well the railroad commission held a town meeting for an hour and a half and didn't say 1 word. What a huge waste of fucking time. It was just citizens voicing their opinions. So far the count is up to somewhere around 30 since the first of November. Although the last week we have only had 1 and coincidently most of the rigs have been slower during the holidays. I think it's all the injection wells. You can't drain the oil out of your engine and replace it with water and expect it to run normal. My biggest worries are the gas lines. There has already been 3 houses explode that were related to gas lines.
      Link to houses that exploded ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy@PrimeTuning View Post
        Link to houses that exploded ?
        I know of only one, and it was caused by a leaking natural gas line in the house itself.

David

Comment

Casualties of the energy war. I'm willing to sacrifice a few houses (as long as mine isn't one!) for cheap gas.

Comment

Lol at comparing a engine with 100s of precision parts to a geological formation. Plus, there is already water in most of those formations.

Injection wells are nothing like draining oil from an engine and replacing it with water.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Lol at comparing a engine with 100s of precision parts to a geological formation. Plus, there is already water in most of those formations.

Injection wells are nothing like draining oil from an engine and replacing it with water.
              As is usually the case, ignorance is the biggest issue at play here. People buy into fear but rarely seek to learn what actually goes on because they enjoy the feeling of runaway panic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                As is usually the case, ignorance is the biggest issue at play here. People buy into fear but rarely seek to learn what actually goes on because they enjoy the feeling of runaway panic.

But Michael Moore said I could light my tap water on fire! Won't somebody please think of the children?!

Comment

It's exactly what kills all credibility to their complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    But Michael Moore said I could light my tap water on fire! Won't somebody please think of the children?!
                    Hard to believe someone hadn't doused that asshole and lit him on fire...

That would be good for children and adults.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Railroads can't cause earthquakes

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Hard to believe someone hadn't doused that asshole and lit him on fire...

That would be good for children and adults.
                        Use bacon grease.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                          Between them and SpaceX my office gets rattled 10+ times a week. They definitely can make they earthquake.

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                            Well the railroad commission held a town meeting for an hour and a half and didn't say 1 word. What a huge waste of fucking time. It was just citizens voicing their opinions.
                            The Azle High auditorium was filled near to capacity Thursday evening with an occasionally raucous crowd that demanded answers state regulators couldn't -- or weren't willing -- to answer about why, over the last two months, earthquakes in a seismically silent area have grown in number and intensity. Peer-reviewed research...

Fear, Home Damage, and Dismayingly Few Answers at Townhall on Azle Earthquakes

By Brantley Hargrove Fri., Jan. 3 2014 at 10:00 AM

The Azle High auditorium was filled near to capacity Thursday evening with an occasionally raucous crowd that demanded answers state regulators couldn't -- or weren't willing -- to answer about why, over the last two months, earthquakes in a seismically silent area have grown in number and intensity.

Peer-reviewed research out of the University of Texas and SMU have discovered a strong correlation between the quake's epicenters and injection wells, where brine and the chemicals associated with the flowback from hydraulic fracturing are pumped deep underground. They suggest the fluid acts as a lubricant, causing otherwise dormant faulting to slip.

Officially, the Railroad Commission of Texas won't acknowledge the connection. Commissioner David Porter told the crowd that his agency, which regulates injection wells, would study the matter to better understand the cause of the seismic swarms, and cautioned them against believing everything they read in the papers.

Parker County Judge Mark Riley suggested Porter expedite whatever study the commission needed to undertake to "ease (the) frustration" of an anxious public.

From the outset, Porter made clear that the forum was for residents of the area to share their experiences, not for answering their questions, of which they had many: Who's going to pay for the damage to my home? Is the buried pipeline nearby in danger of rupturing? Should I move? What could this mean for my water well?

The stories they told were strikingly similar -- cracks spreading through their homes, their foundations. Shaking accompanied by a thunderous boom. An unease at night, and a lingering suspicion that the next big one is imminent.

"You might think you were in Iraq or Afghanistan," said Greg Morrison, of Reno. "It feels like a semi truck hitting your house with a bomb going off."

Another resident said the most powerful earthquake so far, a 3.6, had opened up a crack in her ceiling some four feet long. Yet another claimed that every toilet in her home had developed fine cracks. Tracy Sutton, a realtor in Azle, feared the quakes may depress home prices in the area. "I've had two people tell me they want to go elsewhere because of what they've heard."

They approached the microphone, one after another, with many more waiting to speak when the public comment session came to an end.

State Representative Lon Burnam channeled the suspicion voiced by some of the speakers that the Railroad Commission could not be counted on to hold the industry responsible. "We, as elected officials, need to be more accountable to the citizens of Texas," he said, encouraging Porter to schedule another hearing soon, where questions might find answers.

"I've talked to the state geologist to get some studies formed to make sure we have the evidence we need," Porter said.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                              ... and the Railroad Commission has nothing to do with Rail Roads.

These "earthquakes" are actually due to the fact that people in Azle are so overweight, they are causing the earth to wobble.
                              Murica m`fukrs!

David

Comment

I guess us City Folks, just don't get it...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X