Dallas County Schools Stop Arm Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas County Schools Stop Arm Program

NBC 5 Investigates learned Dallas County Schools is owed millions of dollars in fines from a school bus stop-arm camera program. Separately, they also paid to install the systems on some buses running in cities which haven’t enacted laws approving of their use.

Cameras mounted to the stop-arms of school buses have worked well in other cities to keep kids safe, but NBC 5 Investigates discovered Dallas County Schools spent more than $17 million in bond money to buy stop-arm cameras and on-board security cameras when they could have received some of the equipment for free.
    FYI I don't feel it's smart for me to comment about it.

It doesn't help keep kids safe any more than a red light camera. That is nothing but a revenue generator. Granted, people need to be pistol whipped when they pass a school bus while it is loading or unloading, but don't pass this off as "keeping kids safe."

Comment

It's depressing really. This is not the only place I've been that is strict in one area financially and then totally blows it in other areas.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Jesus..$17 million dollars? How much is a fucking GoPro going for nowdays?

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post

Depends if you get a sweetheart deal with nice kickbacks
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post

This technology was developed from scratch. With 4-6 camera streams being compressed into one image, then sent to a server.

Comment

Working...
            X