used car experts, got a question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used car experts, got a question ?

Brother is buying his son a car in Alabama. Car fax said it is an Alabama car. Paint looks great. But two things stands out. Water spots on rear seat belts an headliner, and they painted the underside of the car. Muffler and exhaust pipe too.

What are they covering up ? This triggers red flags with me, but I dont know enough about the tricks of the trade to be sure. Any input would be appreciated

without seeing it in person sounds like its just another previously wrecked car that has been repainted. water stains dont scare me, shit careless people or kids make for a filthy car.
    any more info on the car than just an alabama car would
    was any flood damage disclosed in the report?
    can he not catch a cheap flight out there and look at it in person?

Comment

Whats the age of the car ? If its old, it could be done just to clean things up .. If its fairly new, it could be covering something up ...

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
        without seeing it in person sounds like its just another previously wrecked car that has been repainted. water stains dont scare me, shit careless people or kids make for a filthy car.
        any more info on the car than just an alabama car would
        was any flood damage disclosed in the report?
        can he not catch a cheap flight out there and look at it in person?
        Oh, he lives in Alabama. He has seen it. Just cant figure out why a southern car would need the paint on the underside. Nothing disclosed on report.

Comment

Shoot, sorry guys...2009 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            Oh, he lives in Alabama. He has seen it. Just cant figure out why a southern car would need the paint on the underside. Nothing disclosed on report.
            hmmm so the complete underside was painted i misunderstood n thought it was just over sprayed.

Comment

Carfax doesn't mean shit. I'd walk away from that and find another one. It isn't like there aren't a billion Altimas out there that don't immediately throw up 5 red flags. Trust your gut.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Carfax doesn't mean shit. I'd walk away from that and find another one. It isn't like there aren't a billion Altimas out there that don't immediately throw up 5 red flags. Trust your gut.
                my truck was hammered down one side and has a clean carfax.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

If I thought it might be a flood car I would be pulling off the sill plates and looking under the carpet and probably the "carpet" in the trunk and looking for signs of silt or dirt that always is in the nooks and crannies of a flood car. they just pop on and off so it's easy to do. Get a flashlight and look under the dash because with all of the crap including cluster, wiring, brackets holding the dash you will be able to tell it was flooded.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                    hmmm so the complete underside was painted i misunderstood n thought it was just over sprayed.
                    Not overspray, painted the underside including the exhaust.

Comment

That tells me that they are half assed in what they do. On that alone, I say walk away.

Comment

I bet it was rusty.

Comment

Run, don't walk.

Comment

I agree - raised questions - that's good enough for me to bail , again , 09 altimas are easy to find ! The paint is hiding something .

Comment

Flood damage. RUN!

Comment

Working...
                              X