Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom painting (bicycle)

Any DFW local suggestions?

I'm looking for a gold-flake and pin striping job on a custom bicycle build I'm doing. I'm not 100% decided on the design, so someone create and artistic would be ideal.

Here is the frame:

and here is some inspiration for the color pallet:

Clyde cycles, let me see if I have FB link

Comment

Crash, if he's still doing it in his off time.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Forgot about Crash, awesome work too.

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas. I'm doing a tour from Austin to Shiner next year and wanted to do it on a cool ride. I'll use it for other stuff too, but figured that event would be a good excuse to start the build

Comment

another vote for Crash!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ View Post
              Thanks for the tips fellas. I'm doing a tour from Austin to Shiner next year and wanted to do it on a cool ride. I'll use it for other stuff too, but figured that event would be a good excuse to start the build
              The GASP? I'm planning on going with my FIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                The GASP? I'm planning on going with my FIL.
                Yes GASP, nice! Did you already pay-in? Can't wait, should be a great event, especially the finish :beer chug:

--Scott

Comment

GASP is not that great in my opinion, especially last year after they changed the roads. Make sure you get some long rides in if you are doing the 100 mile route, get your butt used to the constant vibration. Especially if you are riding that Leader aluminum frame bike.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                    GASP is not that great in my opinion, especially last year after they changed the roads. Make sure you get some long rides in if you are doing the 100 mile route, get your butt used to the constant vibration. Especially if you are riding that Leader aluminum frame bike.
                    Thanks for the info, I've done a few centuries and know what I'm getting in to in that regard (apart from familiarity w/ the elevation of this GASP route). I'm not too concerned about the route itself, for me this ride is more about endurance and the ride w/ friends and such, that and a pretty cool finish-line location .

There are a couple carbon frames I've looked at, but none that really fit the budget, that and I don't have an aluminum frame bike yet, so thought this would be a good test-run on aluminum. For an areo aluminum frame that doesn't brake the budget, the Leader 735 looks like a great choice, though by all means recommend an alternative if you have one!

--Scott

Comment

What are your plans for the bike and what is your budget? Also any idea what size bike?

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                        What are your plans for the bike and what is your budget? Also any idea what size bike?
                        Single/fixed-gear, I'm looking at doing 55cm-56cm frame on this build, and Leader does the 735 in 55cm.

Shooting for under $1500 all together. That will be greatly affected by the wheel set, which I'm undecided on.

Comment

Yeah I am clueless with it comes to single or fixed gear. I have Strychnine's old Viner TT frame that I would sell for cheap but have no idea how that compares to modern single gear frames.

Comment

Omnium cranks look nice on that frame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X