Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some old audio reels...need help

I'll go ahead and just go with cliff notes on this one:

I have reels of Supertramp's "Breakfast in America" album. These are uncut masters taken directly from the studio. I need to find someone that can record these onto digital media or CD, for authentication purposes. Any ideas?

Here is a picture. I don't know shit about this type of tape.

Comment

Strange group, good album. Talk to Rick at Pawn Stars, I bet he has a guy.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Supertramp? Chris McCandless made an album?

Comment

They're old.

I have one of their albums on vinyl..."Crime of the Century" I think.

Comment

I think A&R records still has a reel to reel. I know the old place I worked at has one...

Here is A&R info

If you still need a place LMK and I'll see if Dallas Audio Post can do it.

Comment

My uncle is a studio engineer in Austin. I could as him if he could do it or knows someone who can.
              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

I've got a few friends that are sound engineers. Do you want it mixed as an album, or just transfers? Here's a thought: Why not give them to Supertramp?
                Last edited by YALE; 11-23-2013, 12:46 AM.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  I've got a few friends that are sound engineers. Do you want it mixed as an album, or just transfers? Here's a thought: Why not give them to Supertramp?
                  Looong story. Rick Davies has no interest in having them back according to his manager.

I'm just looking for transfers, for authenticity purposes. Much easier to sell these when I can prove the audio is legit.

Comment

I have a friend that still has a reel to reel. He might be willing to check them out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                      Looong story. Rick Davies has no interest in having them back according to his manager.

I'm just looking for transfers, for authenticity purposes. Much easier to sell these when I can prove the audio is legit.
                      I'd get in touch with Johnny Marshall at Marshall Sound Design. He's a weird old dude, but he might be interested in them.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        I'd get in touch with Johnny Marshall at Marshall Sound Design. He's a weird old dude, but he might be interested in them.
                        small world...he worked on a couple of features I worked on...Hurry Up and Wait and Upstream Color. I've heard great things about him from a lot of people in town!

Comment

My brother has a reel to reel and a 4track- he could get them to some other media
                          A-town area

Comment

Originally posted by gonzoss View Post
                            small world...he worked on a couple of features I worked on...Hurry Up and Wait and Upstream Color. I've heard great things about him from a lot of people in town!
                            Very nice. Johnny is the shit, dude.

Comment

Working...
                            X