No announcement yet.

Selling a car on CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One gun is standard, 2 guns is preferable for a craigslist deal especially if you're the one bringing the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      cash?
      Beads and buffalo hides.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

like Yale said... cash travels to the seller

DO NOT list your phone number or email address on CL.

Place a statement in the ad requiring some sort of identifier. When in doubt, DO NOT REPLY. If somebody really wants the car, they'll make it clear that they are an actual human and that they want the car.

Meet them nearby, at work, etc. I never have CL folks over to my house

bigger cash deals I meet them inside a bank to run the cash through the counter
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I guess Im lucky. Ive had several come to my house and buy/trade cars. I rolled into the cliff at dusk with a wad of cash to buy my lowrider regal that I had for a bit. No problems.
          Last edited by Shaggin Wagon; 11-22-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            This.

Comment

Solid advice from Wu Tang Financial.

Comment

Make sure he keeps his plates...Don't wanna be on NTTA's most wanted list...
                And tell him to fill out the TXDOT form "notice of transfer" found here:

Saves you some other headaches. like when they do a drive by...

Comment

Be prepared for the barter people. Everybody is broke these days.

Comment

I do a lot of selling on craigslist and I have never had too much of a problem. Everyone will want to meet you half way, everyone will lowball you, most don't speak English all that well. I don't like meeting at a public place, I like having home field advantage when I'm selling and I like to know where they live when I'm buying. Always take someone with you and be armed. Get a counterfeit checking pen.

Always take your license plates, a lot of people will bitch about this, but fuck em, they just want free toll road access. If you're buying a car, always check the VIN on the title to the VIN on the car. Try to put as much info in the ad as possible, but don't get annoyed when people ask you questions that are already in the ad.

Comment

Count the cash by the president head, not the number in the corner. Conterfit pen as mentioned is a good investment . Know what you will accept and stick to it, be prepared to walk away. They will beat you down as much as possible and seemingly have unlimited time to do it. Sometimes it is a wasted trip.
                      Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                        I guess Im lucky. Ive had several come to my house and buy/trade cars. I rolled into the cliff at dusk with a wad of cash to buy my lowrider regal that I had for a bit. No problems.
                        I have never had ANY problems. I buy and sell tons of cars day and night
                        Since i moved out of the ghetto i dont have or like anyone knowing where I live. just to my shop

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                          Make sure he keeps his plates...Don't wanna be on NTTA's most wanted list...
                          And tell him to fill out the TXDOT form "notice of transfer" found here:

Saves you some other headaches. like when they do a drive by...
                          THIS x1000

Plus fill out/sign a bill of sale with all his information from his drivers license. I'd go as far as too pull the registration sticker off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            like Yale said... cash travels to the seller

DO NOT list your phone number or email address on CL.

Place a statement in the ad requiring some sort of identifier. When in doubt, DO NOT REPLY. If somebody really wants the car, they'll make it clear that they are an actual human and that they want the car.

Meet them nearby, at work, etc. I never have CL folks over to my house

All of this.
                            I don't call or give my number until an email or two is exchanged, I only meet someone at a public place in my town when selling something, and I make it clear that my price will not be lowered.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I agree, let them come to you. Too many flakes. I've sold tons of cars on CL. When they no show, it's not a big deal. Plus when they come to you, it puts more "want" in them not to go home empty handed.

Comment

Yup, had a bunch of people wanting me to come to them or meet half way on the 4Runner. "Nope." Not wasting my time driving to meet you so you can flake out when I've got 10 more emails interested in it. I put up with no bullshit when selling a car, even in person if someone says something stupid and then looks to me for an answer I'll just stare straight back at them and give them nothing. People act like they're doing you some sort of favor by buying your car. Had some peckerwood wanting to trade me some idiotic plumbing machine for it. Was probably our resident dumbass dookie logistics engineer. Be sure you go online and do the title transfer as soon as they drive off.

Comment

Working...
                                X