When yo boss be catchin' da axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
    I feel ya. In the past 3 years we are now currently on our 3rd director, and 2nd manager for my department. This newest director I did not care for, nor does most of the staff. The last 2 were great especially the 1st that hired me. The thing is, it's not the leadership in my dept. that is the problem it's the leadership at the top which is. I just got tired of all this BS, walked into HR this past Monday and quit! It never felt so right.
    No kidding. Incompetent upper management with no plan and their solution to everything is overtime. The floor gets worn & beat down, productivity suffers and they blame the middle management who gets fired or they quit 'cause they see pink slip coming.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I get all my bosses fired!
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
        No kidding. Incompetent upper management with no plan and their solution to everything is overtime. The floor gets worn & beat down, productivity suffers and they blame the middle management who gets fired or they quit 'cause they see pink slip coming.
        LOL

We were in a meeting, getting our asses chewed and told to come up with a plan to get back on budget. It wasnt going too well, and then my new boss turns to me and asked what I would do ( I was up for his job and turned it down). You could feel the tension in the room, because I knew we were at production/delivery limits, and werent able to do more than current levels. The new guy didnt know that, but the other management did. I said it, and there was stunned silence in the room. I could see the gears rolling in my bosses mind, and then when he realized that he wasnt going to be hitting any numbers that would give him a bonus.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

And then?

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            LOL

We were in a meeting, getting our asses chewed and told to come up with a plan to get back on budget. It wasnt going too well, and then my new boss turns to me and asked what I would do ( I was up for his job and turned it down). You could feel the tension in the room, because I knew we were at production/delivery limits, and werent able to do more than current levels. The new guy didnt know that, but the other management did. I said it, and there was stunned silence in the room. I could see the gears rolling in my bosses mind, and then when he realized that he wasnt going to be hitting any numbers that would give him a bonus.
            It's always such a shock to those out of touch with reality when they make that realization. Sadly, if they would get out into the marketplace and do some tag a longs with the people actually doing the work, they just might have some productive ideas. Instead there are meetings, what a colossal waste most of them are.

Oh, and thanks to who ever fixed the title.
            Rich

Comment

If I'm ever in the position where I'm about to fired (since I missed my only opportunity), I intend to run out of the meeting screaming "She/He touched my penis! I will not have sex with you for a raise!" Just to see how the reaction is.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                Sounds exactly like my job.

Comment

So, they said they weren't going to replace the guy. So I figure I need more money so I asked for more. Figured what the heck.

So, this morning I got verbal that the paperwork had been submitted as he had gotten approval for more money on Friday. Nice. Not ballin yet but well on my way.
                  Rich

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    I get all my bosses fired!
                    Always the coach and never the team!

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
                    Sadly, if they would get out into the marketplace and do some tag a longs with the people actually doing the work, they just might have some productive ideas.
                    Screw you buddy! I don't want anyone tagging along with me!

I will have been here 9 years in February. I'm on the 4th sales manager. First sales manager was our CEO, and he started another business that took up all of his time. The next sales manager was our VP. Things got too busy with his accounts, and he dumped it off on another guy. CEO sold the other company, and his focus is now back on this company so he stepped back in as sales manager, which really, he should have been all along. All of the people who acted as sales manager are still here, which is fine. I've got not a single issue with any of them. While I'm not real happy about his motivation tactics at times, it's great for the company, and fucking awesome for me. I just got a ginormous raise that has been long overdue, but kept getting lip service about it from the previous people.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      The closest I've come was my former boss getting fired a few weeks after I left my last job.
                      Solid.
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

My boss got the axe last month. Small business so it's been an adventure, but at the same time it's like a breath of fresh air to our business.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Always the coach and never the team!

Screw you buddy! I don't want anyone tagging along with me!

I will have been here 9 years in February. I'm on the 4th sales manager. First sales manager was our CEO, and he started another business that took up all of his time. The next sales manager was our VP. Things got too busy with his accounts, and he dumped it off on another guy. CEO sold the other company, and his focus is now back on this company so he stepped back in as sales manager, which really, he should have been all along. All of the people who acted as sales manager are still here, which is fine. I've got not a single issue with any of them. While I'm not real happy about his motivation tactics at times, it's great for the company, and fucking awesome for me. I just got a ginormous raise that has been long overdue, but kept getting lip service about it from the previous people.
                          What makes you think , in your wildest dreams, that any manager has any intention of getting out into the field? In their mind they put their time in and that is beneath them. Their ideas worked when they executed them way back when and now that the market has changed they can't understand why their golden ideas have lost the luster.
                          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
                            What makes you think , in your wildest dreams, that any manager has any intention of getting out into the field? In their mind they put their time in and that is beneath them. Their ideas worked when they executed them way back when and now that the market has changed they can't understand why their golden ideas have lost the luster.
                            Oh, it's not beneath him. He's already done ride alongs with the satellite reps. He hasn't hit me up yet, thankfully. I do have to deal with factory pigeons doing ride alongs though. I hate that shit. I'm guessing it's a little different when you work for a relatively small company, and your sales manager is also the CEO.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                            X