When yo boss be catchin' da axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When yo boss be catchin' da axe

I'm always weirded out when the boss gets the axe . Especially if he is the one who hired me.

Meeting called this am, and the announcement he is no longer with the company due to conflicting views .

Just letting it sink in.

Your thoughts.
    Rich

I'd love for one of mine to get axed.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Whan.

Comment

Bye then..........

Comment

It's definitely awkward. I've been through two of those "boss fireings". Keep an eye out for a firing frenzy. First place was the VP of IT that fired my boss, then he fired a few others, including myself. The second place hired an Ops director that eliminated a couple of positions as well. He actually thought we were over staffed but with our expected growth rate, he left us alone knowing we'd eventually grow into the coat.

Comment

I've had both my immediate boss and the director "placed on leave" the same exact day. Both interviewed me and brought me on. One died shortly after and we all went to his funeral...weird doesn't begin to describe it.

4 Grunts running the department was fun. They sent in a "consultant" that was terrible, we have had one new hire, and our director gets here next month...over a year after the firings...

Comment

My boss getting canned would mean bad things for me most likely, because it would be performance-based, meaning that she (and reps in her territory including me) was given a huge goal that wasn't met more than once. I've seen it happen several times in companies that I work with, where a sales rep will have a phenomenal quarter or year, and then their goals are adjusted accordingly, well-knowing that the market is pretty well tapped in terms of new revenue.

In short, I'd be looking for a new job asap.

If she quit, that would suck too, because we have a great working relationship, and I don't know that I'd get along as well with a replacement. I suppose that I'd be able to build that friendship again, but there's no guarantee that it'll be any more than amicable.

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
                Whan.
                Sorry, on my phone the the buttons are small and my digits are big. Maybe a mod can make it into when.
                Rich

Comment

What chu gonna axe him?

Comment

The closest I've come was my former boss getting fired a few weeks after I left my last job.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Had my last boss fired during the summer. Us grunts liked him, but the execs didn't.

Had one boss get reassigned to "special projects", then a new boss came in. 6 months later, the VP fired the ex-boss. 6 months after that, the boss-replacement quit and a month later the VP that hired him and fired the ex-boss, got fired. :S Fun times! Been with this company 7 years and have had 6 bosses in various capacities.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

They fired my boss and then gave me his job... it sucked, I only lasted about a year before I was asking for my old job back.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Had my last boss fired during the summer. Us grunts liked him, but the execs didn't.

Had one boss get reassigned to "special projects", then a new boss came in. 6 months later, the VP fired the ex-boss. 6 months after that, the boss-replacement quit and a month later the VP that hired him and fired the ex-boss, got fired. :S Fun times! Been with this company 7 years and have had 6 bosses in various capacities.
                          Almost sounds like a certain electricity retail provider I use to work for...

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            Almost sounds like a certain electricity retail provider I use to work for...
                            I'm in manufacturing environment. Perhaps not the same place?
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I feel ya. In the past 3 years we are now currently on our 3rd director, and 2nd manager for my department. This newest director I did not care for, nor does most of the staff. The last 2 were great especially the 1st that hired me. The thing is, it's not the leadership in my dept. that is the problem it's the leadership at the top which is. I just got tired of all this BS, walked into HR this past Monday and quit! It never felt so right.

Comment

Working...
                              X