Bad news today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news today

I know I have a thread on this somewhere but I really don't care to hunt it down. My dad had surgery to cut cancer off his kidney and they told him it was done. Then a few weeks later they were doing a checkup and found it was back and said he was going to have to have the kidney removed. No big deal, we all get ready for that and he goes in for his final check before the surgery.

They found even more cancer so put off the operation and started talking to him about chemo. It took a couple of weeks for the subtle suggestions of the family to come to his mind as his idea so we're all set. Go in for chemo yesterday and..... Stage 4 cancer, up to his lymph nodes, lungs, kidneys and liver.

Fuck. Just...fuck. Family is crying but I'm not. Sometimes that emotional numbness is a good thing but it feels like something is seriously broken inside. He's feeling good after his first shot of chemo and wearing a mask and gloves to keep germs at a minimum and I'll be there Thanksgiving but ... seriously? His brother has had numerous cancers at various stages and beat them all. His brother's wife died of cancer however and the big C runs big time in my family on my father's side.

At this point, I'm avoiding my SOP of researching every aspect of this and coming at it from an educational viewpoint and have put up so many defense mechanisms it's not even amusing. I spent the better part of the afternoon putting layer after layer of stain and sealer on the bed of my trailer just to have something to do.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Sucks man prayers sent for you and yours in this time of great need. I hate cancer
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Damn man, good vibes for you and your dad.

Comment

Damn Jim, that's rough man. Cancer just plain sucks. If you need anything, just shout.
        In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers for yoy and your family.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Sorry to hear.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Family is crying but I'm not. Sometimes that emotional numbness is a good thing but it feels like something is seriously broken inside.
            I know the feeling. I'll listen if you need to talk man.

Comment

God bless man and I will keep your father and all of your family in my prayers.

Comment

I appreciate it guys. A lot. Hell, I pretty much have to come here to vent because to everyone else, I'm the stoic that takes all the shit that is going on and keeps plowing forward. Sometimes, I just have to decompress.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It is never easy to get that phone call for sure. I've received it more times than I care to think about! I do not know you, but you and your family are in my prayers.

Comment

So sorry to hear that, man. Enjoy every moment with your dad.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Man, fuck cancer!

Comment

I'm sorry about your dad. Prayers for you and your dad and family.

Comment

Sorry to hear man! good luck and hope for the best.
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Condolences.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Sorry to hear man that sucks. I'm a survivor of cancer and it runs deep in my family as well. Just for reference you guys need to avoid aspartame and check into an organic iodine supplement.

Comment

Working...
                              X