Aviation Mechs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Mechs

Does anybody know the actual name of this company in Dallas? Seems like they're always hiring. I'm looking to relocate in the near future.

JSfirm aviation employment service provides aviation employees access to aviation jobs such as avionics, engineering, pilots, sales, maintenance, A&P, executive, aerospace, and management

Don't know the actual name of the company, but it's a head hunter service. They'll place you in contract positions and be paid a fee. Sometimes you actually wok for the service, the company contracting pays them, then they pay you.

It's not a bad way to get a foot in the door at a company. The downside (for me anyway, there are folks that prefer this type of work) is that the positions are contract, no benefits. Usually hourly with per diem, and overtime is usually a negotiated rate. The companys that call on this type of service are typically staffing up for a large short term project, so once the project is over you're on to the next one. (If there is a next one) Occasionally, the contracting company does hire the contractors if they have openings.

Its typically good money, its the fact that you could be making good money one day and nothing the next that I would be unable to live with.

Comment

I see it's a contracting company's listing I was just hoping it's an actual company. I've been looking into gulfstream and bombardier in town. Any other good ideas in the greater dallas area?

I currently work for bombardier in arizona but I'm looking to get back home.

Comment

I've heard gulfstream has been hiring. Thales is hiring for IFE. American is about to do some recalls I heard. Maybe I will get recalled.lol.
        2006 Civic SI
        2009 Pilot
        1988 GT
        CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I didn't know you worked for Bombardier when I was out in Tucson. We could have grabbed a beer.

Why not transfer to BAS Dallas?
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My buddy works for a recruiting service if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
              I've heard gulfstream has been hiring. Thales is hiring for IFE. American is about to do some recalls I heard. Maybe I will get recalled.lol.
              Mark Easton, Tulsa Mtc Head, said that the head count in Tulsa will remain the same through 2014. Understand the New CEO made comments about the AB coming here, but I kinda doubt it. Was hoping for a buyout but it doesn't look like it..
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                I didn't know you worked for Bombardier when I was out in Tucson. We could have grabbed a beer.

Why not transfer to BAS Dallas?
                Bombardier in Dallas is my number one choice for sure. Do you work there? I was just wondering all of my options.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                  Mark Easton, Tulsa Mtc Head, said that the head count in Tulsa will remain the same through 2014. Understand the New CEO made comments about the AB coming here, but I kinda doubt it. Was hoping for a buyout but it doesn't look like it..
                  I was in Tulsa at AA. Before them I was at eagle for 5 years at XNA then I transferred to AA. A month after I got there they filed bankruptcy. So I did my six months and bailed. Way to much doom and gloom at that place.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                    DWH is going to bring back some people is the rumor. 2011GT have you tried spirit??
                    2006 Civic SI
                    2009 Pilot
                    1988 GT
                    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                      DWH is going to bring back some people is the rumor. 2011GT have you tried spirit??
                      Spirit in Tulsa? Looks like they're selling all of their Oklahoma facilities. No thanks lol. Although that would even be closer to home. But having a little kiddo now it needs to be a stable job.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                        Bombardier in Dallas is my number one choice for sure. Do you work there? I was just wondering all of my options.
                        Yes. There's been a bunch of hiring going on here with the expectation of additional growth. Might be a good time to come over.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                          Yes. There's been a bunch of hiring going on here with the expectation of additional growth. Might be a good time to come over.
                          We're almost in a spot to move. We still need to save up some more money though. It will be about six months to a year. Are you an avionics guy? I may have walked by you a few times if you were working a global, lol.

Comment

We're almost in a spot to move. We still need to save up some more money though. It will be about six months to a year. Are you an avionics guy? I may have walked by you a few times if you were working a global, lol.
                            Electrical engineer. I spent the month shadowing Chuck, Steve, and Jerry upstairs, although I wandered about the Global hangar a time or two before they moved engineering over to building D, I think it was. We might very well have passed each other.

The wide body ops manager here has a clean 89 fox. You might fit right in out here!
                            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Spirit in Tulsa? Looks like they're selling all of their Oklahoma facilities. No thanks lol. Although that would even be closer to home. But having a little kiddo now it needs to be a stable job.
                              Spirit is building the wings for the new Gulfstream so they have a back log with a lot of work.
                              07 GT500
                              05 SRT10
                              88 turbocoupe T-bird
                              93 Cobra
                              86 coupe
                              Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                              X