The People of Walmart MW, TX edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The People of Walmart MW, TX edition

Cliff notes: crazy woman wearing Betty Boop pajamas really wanted my 2 bottle of infant has drops to go with her 8... Told her no and she went crazy on me

Picture this...
    One guy(that would be me) searching for these gas drops for my baby... After walking around a few times I spot them and pick them up(I bought 2-this is very important information). As I'm reading to make sure they are what I was sent for I go to stand up. I then am asked by a Walmart employee(little did she know the show she was about to see) if I was the person looking for 10(yes 10) bottles of these. I said no ma'am I'm not. As I go to turn and walk away I am met by the person who needed 10 bottles of these drops. When the Walmart employee grabs the remaining 8 boxes and goes to hand them to the lady he becomes irate that there is not 10 left. When she noticed I had 2 she told me that she had been looking for these "forever" and asked for help a long time ago and that the 2 bottles I had should actually be hers...I respectfully responded that I was sorry but I had a baby at home who needed these and I would not be giving them to her(if these would have been the last 2 I would have given her one without question). She becomes even more irate and by this point is screaming at me. I apologize again and go to walk away. The lady then says he's going to just take them away from me. To which my response was.. No ma'am you are not! She then goes on another screaming tirade at which point I finally decided I had had enough. I informed her that the 8 bottles she had should be plenty to hold her over until they received more the next day and if it wasn't she should probably take the child to the doctor to get checked out! At which point I told her to have a great night and walked off leaving her Betty Boop pajama wearing self standing there angry!

A+ thread. Would read again.

Comment

I really wish I would have thought to take a picture or video of her during the whole exchange...

Comment

tl;dr

Comment

I grew up in Palo Pinto and Mineral Wells. I probably know that Psycho lol
          2004 Suzuki DL650
          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
            I grew up in Palo Pinto and Mineral Wells. I probably know that Psycho lol
            My dads family is from Palo Pinto... My grandmother still lives there

We are the Lively's... Although my pawpaw that raised my dad and siblings was a Baker... I would be shocked if our families did not know each other

Comment

I used to have a bus driver with the last name of Baker. Todd Baker I believe. We're family friends with the Gunn family. They are more family than some of my real family.

Lively sounds familiar. I knew a Butch Lively when I worked at the convenience store in Palo Pinto when I was in High School.

My parents and brother currently live south of Mineral Wells off of Oaks Crossing road. On the 180 side of Oaks Crossing.
              2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Butch is my Uncle actually. My dad also works at the convenience store when he was younger(he was born in '59 so probably a bit older than you). They lived about a block from the station. I know quite a few Gunns and I am very familiar with the Oaks Crossing area! If you make it back to the area reach out and I'll buy you dinner for your service... I'm a manager for the Chilis in Mineral Wells

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                I used to have a bus driver with the last name of Baker. Todd Baker I believe. We're family friends with the Gunn family. They are more family than some of my real family.

Lively sounds familiar. I knew a Butch Lively when I worked at the convenience store in Palo Pinto when I was in High School.

My parents and brother currently live south of Mineral Wells off of Oaks Crossing road. On the 180 side of Oaks Crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                  Butch is my Uncle actually. My dad also works at the convenience store when he was younger(he was born in '59 so probably a bit older than you). They lived about a block from the station. I know quite a few Gunns and I am very familiar with the Oaks Crossing area! If you make it back to the area reach out and I'll buy you dinner for your service... I'm a manager for the Chilis in Mineral Wells
                  No Shit! This is a small World. The Gunns that I know and consider family is Jerry and Sharron Gunn and their kids and close family. I grew up with Aaron Gunn since the first grade.

I'll be in town for the Thanksgiving Holiday timeframe. I get in to DFW on the the 27th late at night and will be driving my old First Generation Miata back to California around Monday or Tuesday following that.

I remember what a big deal it was when that Chilis first opened. First major chain restaurant to open in MW. My mom's cleaning business did the final cleanup on the place after it was done getting built.

I'm 28 for the record. My family moved to the area after my dad left the Army in the very early 90s.
                  2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Bromance is in the air!

Comment

Crazy small world for sure! I was born in '86 so we are just about the same age as well! We lived in Palo Pinto/Mineral Wells until '96 when we moved to the Houston area for my dads job. I moved back in '04 and my parents shortly after that...

Chilis is still the only big named restaurant in town. I mean we do have a Fuzzy's downtown but that really doesn't count.

Comment

They came in after Chilis though. In 04 I was stationed in MCAS New River out in coastal North Carolina so I was gone from the are by the time you got back from Houston.
                        2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Sounds like "Endless Love" up off in herruh...

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVt8kUAm9Q[/ame]
                            2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

It's just different finding other folks that have connections to Palo Pinto County. It's a pretty small county population wise. I found a guy out here at another unit that is Ordnance that is from Mineral Wells. Strange to me. You rarely see that.
                              2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                              X