Ramen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramen...

i have been on something of a ramen kick the last couple weeks, as it is easy to cook, very inexpensive, and oh-so-delicious...

however, i need some ways to make it even better. what things do you add to your ramen to make it more delicious?

Real ramen is good. Maruchan and the other processed stuff is awful for you though.

You can hit it with a dash of Tony's though, for salt/spice. I'm a big believer of Sriacha chili sauce with any noodle.

You can also sautee some veggies like bell pepper, etc and toss it in after you cook the ramen.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Well, I have not eaten any for probably 10 years, but I used to add cut up chicken, egg, anything basically in the fridge can be added!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Real ramen is good. Maruchan and the other processed stuff is awful for you though.

You can hit it with a dash of Tony's though, for salt/spice. I'm a big believer of Sriacha chili sauce with any noodle.

You can also sautee some veggies like bell pepper, etc and toss it in after you cook the ramen.
        But I looove it for +/- $.22 a meal.

Just had some about an hour ago for lunch as a matter of fact.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
          i have been on something of a ramen kick the last couple weeks, as it is easy to cook, very inexpensive, and oh-so-delicious...

however, i need some ways to make it even better. what things do you add to your ramen to make it more delicious?
          I've been doing the same. I had it for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago and have probably eaten it about half a dozen times since. Good shit.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
            I've been doing the same. I had it for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago and have probably eaten it about half a dozen times since. Good shit.
            have you done anything yet to spice it up ?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
              have you done anything yet to spice it up ?
              Just pepper. I wish I had some cayanne(sp?) pepper, but I didn't.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Add a couple eggs in it.

Comment

Hot sauce.
                  Originally posted by talisman
                  I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                  Originally posted by AdamLX
                  If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Because fuck you, that's why
                  Originally posted by 80coupe
                  nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                  Originally posted by Rick Modena
                  ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    Well, I have not eaten any for probably 10 years, but I used to add cut up chicken, egg, anything basically in the fridge can be added!
                    X2 on this.

I'd sometimes throw in a crap load of Parmesan cheese and some spices as a side dish to some grilled chicken or similar. I have a recipe at home for an Asian salad where you dump in the Ramen for the crunch value (uncooked). Damn good.

Did a quick Google:

Transform your view on this classic college food with 50 innovative ramen noodle recipes. Elevate your cooking skills and make a delicious dish today!
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

My little cousin was over this weekend and somehow we got on the topic of ramen and he said that he was able to make some kinda pizza out of his.. I forgot what he said he did though

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I'm a big believer of Sriacha chili sauce with any noodle.
                        Fuck yea, this stuff rocks out loud.

Comment

Steamed cabbage is good in it and I like Habanero Tobasco in mine too.

Comment

I prepare ramen like this:

2 packets, 1 beef, 1 oriental
                            1 egg, beaten
                            2/3 of a slice of cheese

Boil the water and put the noodles in to cook. With about a minute left I stir in the egg, kinda like egg drop soup. I put the flavor packets into the empty bowl and when the noodles are done pour a little water in it, just enough to dissolve the flavor. I drain the bulk of the water from the noodles and pour them into the bowl and stir it up to distribute the flavor. Then I place the cheese slice on top until it melts and stir that in as well.

I have been eating it that way for 15 years or so and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              I prepare ramen like this:

2 packets, 1 beef, 1 oriental
                              1 egg, beaten
                              2/3 of a slice of cheese

Boil the water and put the noodles in to cook. With about a minute left I stir in the egg, kinda like egg drop soup. I put the flavor packets into the empty bowl and when the noodles are done pour a little water in it, just enough to dissolve the flavor. I drain the bulk of the water from the noodles and pour them into the bowl and stir it up to distribute the flavor. Then I place the cheese slice on top until it melts and stir that in as well.

I have been eating it that way for 15 years or so and love it.
                              hell yes. thanks. i am gonna print this out...

Comment

Working...
                              X