flying with kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    That's your problem, not my fucking problem! I'd happily pay a premium to fly on an airline where snot nosed little fucking bastards weren't allowed. And don't say "First Class" because that thin little curtain may block your view from the undesireables, but it damn sure doesn't block the sound.
    I have yet to have the mentioned problems on the top deck of a 747, or even the front section of the smaller aircraft that is divided by more than a curtain, but rather a galley. That being said, noise canceling headphones help out quite a lot if you're flying a short domestic flight.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I wasnt asking how to keep them from acting up it was more to dealing with the ear pressure of takeoff and landing, im sure he will be fine once we are in the air with a movie or looking out the window I just dont want him to.be in pain from his ear for long. to the ppl that have flown with their kids before does the gum really help them quickly???

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I've actually looked at noise canceling headphones, but not very hard. Everything I've seen is way too bulky.
        I make 4 trips Dubai to Dallas and back trips a year not including the vacations we take. Noise canceling headphones are one of the most important items in my carry one. They go on immediately and don't come off until time to disembark. Headphones, Tylenol PMs, cheap eye mask, blanket, 2 neck pillows, small plush cylinder pillow are all important items in my 20hrs of combined travel time.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Man, Spirit Airlines is the absolute WORST. I will NEVER fly them (or Frontier) again. They dupe you with low fares, then fuck you in the ass with surcharges. OP, report back with your own findings after your trip.

I hate kids on airplanes! lol
          as far as raping me yes they have, the tickets were $443 and baggage fees and seating fees were an additional $300, its still.cheaper than anything else, the next cheapest flight was like $1200

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I also load up a zip lock bag full of those small bottles of random alcohol. As long as each are under 4oz, it's a carry-on.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              I wasnt asking how to keep them from acting up it was more to dealing with the ear pressure of takeoff and landing, im sure he will be fine once we are in the air with a movie or looking out the window I just dont want him to.be in pain from his ear for long. to the ppl that have flown with their kids before does the gum really help them quickly???
              No and I wouldn't fly with small children unless they needed to go. People flying with babies are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                No and I wouldn't fly with small children unless they needed to go. People flying with babies are evil.
                We flew with our tax deduction to maximize my bigger tax deduction. Wife did say, no more trips with her for a while now.....even though she was a rock star and slept 95% of the first 3 flights she was ever on.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  I have yet to have the mentioned problems on the top deck of a 747, or even the front section of the smaller aircraft that is divided by more than a curtain, but rather a galley. That being said, noise canceling headphones help out quite a lot if you're flying a short domestic flight.
                  I've never been anywhere in the continental US on a 747.

Thank jeebus I'm not the lone asshole in here.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thank jeebus I'm not the lone asshole in here.
                    You know I'll always get your back, asshole and all.

Comment

You know I'll always get your back, asshole and all.
                      Now I'm sleeping with a gun under my pillow. Thanks Dennis!
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        We're about to finish my son's 8th round trip here in a couple hours and he is just turning two in a couple of days. We always have food, drinks, bottles, pouches, ipad, earphones, toys, stickers etc and have had great luck *knocks on wood*. Just have plenty of options - the only times we get annoyed are when the parents don't bring shit to feed, distract the kids and they scream all flight.
                        iPad mini, headphones, and a couple toys and we were golden. Not a peep out of him.

For takeoff/landing with a baby do the bottle. I don't know what to do for a 3 year old ... perhaps the concept of a bottle is still the same?
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I have flown A Lot ... most of the kids fall right to sleep when the plane starts to Taxi.. I have Never heard a screaming and crying kid. I wish you the best of luck... Take plenty of distractions.

Hector

Comment

to the ppl that have flown with their kids before does the gum really help them quickly???
                            You need to have the kids start chewing whatever it is you give them before the plane starts to ascend or descend.
                            Last edited by SS Junk; 11-19-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Gum is far from the 100% solution, but it does help. As it's been said, have them start chewing on it prior to the main decent. For the 1 year old, give them the bottle during decent. You could always try getting the 3 year old the pressure-equalization method like divers use, pinch your nose and then gently breathe through it to pop the ears.

I doubt the 3 year old will cry from the ear pain. The one year old would be my concern if you're worried about crying/screaming.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X