Watch out on 121 North/Sam Rayburn Tollway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out on 121 North/Sam Rayburn Tollway

I'm sure they have it blocked off by now, but about 30 minutes ago I was driving north on the 121 toll portion, and just north of the 121 Business ramp overpass there was something right in the middle of the middle lane. Whatever it was, it was huge. Either a big animal or a person. There were 4 or 5 other cars pulled over immediately after where it was and tire marks all around it, so I'm assuming they also hit it. I swerved, but clipped it with the front right corner of my bumper. I pulled over and there is fur and blood on the bottom of my front bumper and what appears to be little flecks of meat in my wheel well. It popped and broke the tabs on the bumper. I'm really hoping it wasn't a person, but the fur looks like dog fur, and I'm pretty certain whatever it was, was already dead. I'm about to call the Lewisville police to see if they can tell me what it was and if they need a statement or something, but I didn't see anything online yet about it.

Just a heads up...

Silverback?

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

So, Lewisville police couldn't give a fuck about what it was and said cal NTTA. Real helpful ass-holes out there. Glad I moved out of that city.

NTTA said it was a deer. So now I got a fucked up bumper and no venison steaks to show for it. At least it wasn't a person, thank god.

Comment

I hit one last month, did 10k + worth of damage. Deer in Iowa are as big as a cow.

Comment

When my dad drove log trucks he hit an elk one day. A big cow. Of course, the whole hood on his truck was fiberglass, so it was destroyed. But fucked up the bumper and radiator too. At maybe 35 mph.

Comment

Lewisville has no problem writing tickets all day long on 121 toll. I got hit twice in the same place unfortunately. Heading south, it's like an exit or toe before Hebron and the cop hides up on the elevated on ramp and tags traffic as they drive by. Cop them guns it down the ramp and busts you. It's a good hiding place. Also, in the past the ahole judge would not allow deferred or defensive if you were doing over 85mph which is very easy to do on that road.

Op, sorry about the hit, hope everything ends up okay.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              Lewisville has no problem writing tickets all day long on 121 toll. I got hit twice in the same place unfortunately. Heading south, it's like an exit or toe before Hebron and the cop hides up on the elevated on ramp and tags traffic as they drive by. Cop them guns it down the ramp and busts you. It's a good hiding place. Also, in the past the ahole judge would not allow deferred or defensive if you were doing over 85mph which is very easy to do on that road.

I've seem that cop there plenty. 121 is my main commute route. The damage doesn't look too bad now that it's daylight. Skid plate needs fixing, little work on the front bumper, and cleaning all the blood and guts off. I think I'm gonna see if a drive-through gas station undercarriage wash will get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post

Lewisville used to be a problem for me ticket wise. I cured that by hiring the lawyer who is the judge in their court and making him recuse himself from my cases; they get dismissed rather then the court going through that kind of effort. Did the same thing in Plano with the firm who provides the prosecutors pro bono to the city.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  I'm sure they have it blocked off by now, but about 30 minutes ago I was driving north on the 121 toll portion, and just north of the 121 Business ramp overpass there was something right in the middle of the middle lane. Whatever it was, it was huge. Either a big animal or a person. There were 4 or 5 other cars pulled over immediately after where it was and tire marks all around it, so I'm assuming they also hit it. I swerved, but clipped it with the front right corner of my bumper. I pulled over and there is fur and blood on the bottom of my front bumper and what appears to be little flecks of meat in my wheel well. It popped and broke the tabs on the bumper. I'm really hoping it wasn't a person, but the fur looks like dog fur, and I'm pretty certain whatever it was, was already dead. I'm about to call the Lewisville police to see if they can tell me what it was and if they need a statement or something, but I didn't see anything online yet about it.

Just a heads up...
                  You hit naynay? I owe you a six pack bro!

Comment

You should have pulled over and thrown that shit in the bed of your truck, or at a minimum tie it to your bumper and Vidor it until it's gone

Comment

Working...
                    X