Roomba suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roomba suicide

How badly do you have to suck for your Roomba to turn itself on and drive onto the stove, push a pot out of the way and set itself on fire?

These are the remains of a Roomba from Austria that allegedly turned itself on, ran onto a kitchen hotplate, and burned to death. Robot suicide? We can only hope. I like how you can see the ash tire tracks from when it was running around in circles while on fire. That makes me happy.

'The home-owner had put the small robot on the work surface to clean up some spilled cereal. Once the robot had done its job it was switched off but left on the kitchen sideboard.

'Somehow it seems to have reactivated itself and made its way along the work surface where it pushed a cooking pot out of the way and basically that was the end of it.

'It pretty quickly started to melt underneath and then stuck to the kitchen hotplate. It then caught fire. By the time we arrived, it was just a pile of ash.

'I don't know about the allegations of a robot suicide but the homeowner is insistent that the device was switched off - it's a mystery how it came to be activated and ended up making its way to the hotplate.'

The homeowner said: 'The company that makes the robots is selling dangerous devices, I intend to sue to get compensation. It has ruined my home as everything is smoke damaged.'

Well of course you plan on suing, you're a JACKASS. First of all, you put a Roomba on a counter to clean spilled cereal. Just how catastrophic was this cereal spill? Would a paper towel not do the trick? Secondly, that's the same Roomba that cleans the floors, now it's on your KITCHEN COUNTER. That's like putting your shoes on the counter. Thirdly, you left a pot on the stove with the stove on and left the house. Clearly you're not smart enough to be doing that. As much as I hate robots, I side with the Roomba. I'd throw myself on a hotplate too if I was a slave to this @$$hole.

Thanks to Jeremy and Cleaner, who agree anybody who buys a Roomba shouldn't be allowed to sue because IT'S A ROBOT, what did you think was gonna happen?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

its europe he will have a hell of a time trying to find someone to sue, maybe the store he bought it from?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      anybody who buys a Roomba shouldn't be allowed to sue because IT'S A ROBOT, what did you think was gonna happen?
      Wait, what?
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

how lazy do you have to be to put the roomba on a small counter top to "clean up" for you

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          how lazy do you have to be to put the roomba on a small counter top to "clean up" for you
          You mean you don't put your Roomba on the counter to clean up cereal? Not even on leg day?
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Those things are 700 bucks! Holy shit, thats insane. Better blow you also.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Those things are 700 bucks! Holy shit, thats insane. Better blow you also.
              I didn't pay 700 for mine, but it's by far one of the best investments with two indoor dogs that shed.

I schedule the roomba to run everyday at noon, when no one is here, it goes room to room, and we no longer have to worry about sweeping, or swiffering up dog hair every other day.

Comment

I wonder if it tried to clean up after itself while melting and spreading ashes all over?
                2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  You mean you don't put your Roomba on the counter to clean up cereal? Not even on leg day?
                  Haha!
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
                    I wonder if it tried to clean up after itself while melting and spreading ashes all over?
                    Made me think of the cleaner robot from Wall-E

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      I didn't pay 700 for mine, but it's by far one of the best investments with two indoor dogs that shed.

I schedule the roomba to run everyday at noon, when no one is here, it goes room to room, and we no longer have to worry about sweeping, or swiffering up dog hair every other day.

There is not enough room in that thing for the amount of hair my animals shed.

Comment

We have to clean it every couple of days, but with an Australian Sheppard and a Shiba Inu, it does a fantastic job running two hours a day on its own, when no one is here.

Comment

I bought a cheap one for about $150 and it did a pretty darn good job of vacuuming the floor. It was a pain to constantly have to clean the dog hair out of it though.

Comment

Working...
                          X