No announcement yet.

DISH contract up...can I save some money now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had them all, fucking hated Fios. Expensive, hard to use and overrated IMO. Dish by far was my favorite and had amazing customer service. Currently I just have basic cable through shitty ass Time Warner but I have their top internet with 3 cheap PCs on my TVs. I really like only paying 55 bucks and just using Hulu and Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      Story? I remember us chatting back and forth when the Hoppah first came out. I've been very satisfied with mine.
      Equipment is great. The problem is programming. I moved about 18 months ago and got a lot of free programming for a year (almost everything). It expired after a year, but they told me I could keep it all for 1/2 price for 6 months and could extend it afterwards with a mere phone call. Well, they didn't honor it after the six months was up and wanted almost full price for all the premiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        Equipment is great. The problem is programming. I moved about 18 months ago and got a lot of free programming for a year (almost everything). It expired after a year, but they told me I could keep it all for 1/2 price for 6 months and could extend it afterwards with a mere phone call. Well, they didn't honor it after the six months was up and wanted almost full price for all the premiums.
        Ah. There's just too much programming out there now. I don't even know what package we have, Top 200 or 150 or something like that, and we can't even keep up with what we dvr. It got up to 75% capacity and a couple of weeks ago I cleared a ton of stuff off, entire seasons of shows we used to watch. The equipment is indeed great and I wouldn't give it up even though we may only watch tv an hour a day, some days not at all.

Comment

Dish keeps bumping programs up to more expensive packages
          "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

My wife and I got so sick of satellite and cable bullshit that we are down to just local stations along with Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime (I get free). It's amazing how much I don't miss satellite TV. I am perfectly content with what I have now and it's only costing us like $20/month.

Comment

Working...
            X