Keep it classy, Red Oak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep it classy, Red Oak.

The City of Red Oak, about 15 minutes due south of Dallas, never really explained why Police Chief Craig Rudolph abruptly resigned this summer after six years on the job. Officials did, however, immediately appoint a special committee to review potential cases of racial profiling and race relations within the department in order to "identify any potential deficiencies in the department and recommend any necessary remedies."

The police officers who worked under Rudolph are much less hesitant to discuss specifics. Eight current and former officers filed a federal lawsuit against Rudolph and the city on Thursday portraying the former chief as a racist, misogynistic, homophobic asshole who made their time at the department miserable.

Among other things, the officers say that Rudolph:

-refused to hire female officers because he thought they'd have sex with their male colleagues while on duty;

-singled out black recruits for additional testing and subjected them to more stringent requirements;

-responded to officers' concerns about unsanitary conditions in the city detention center by saying "They are in jail, fuck 'em";

-often referred to black suspects as "nigger";

-replied that he had "stuck [his] foot in his mouth" after he told several officers, "I don't know which is worse, your kid showing up with a nigger or being a faggot";

-fired at least two officers, Ryan Payne and James Groom, for complaining that they had not been properly trained on the use of a new model of gun acquired by the department.

-kept calling Afghan civilians "towel heads" when discussing one officer's military tour in Afghanistan;

-referred to cases in which a black person is killed as "misdemeanor murder."

When officers complained to city officials, they say they were harassed and ostracized and that, once Red Oak opened an official investigation, they were "subjected to intensive and intrusive interrogations" and polygraphs probing their personal lives. Those officers who are still with the department "continue to be harassed, intimidated, ridiculed and retaliated against by City officials."

Garland Wolf, formerly a lieutenant in the Midlothian Police Department, has since been hired as Red Oak's police chief. He has promised to begin "addressing a lot of issues that have been identified" and establish a clear direction and structure.

"Just from what I have seen in the last couple of days and nothing against my predecessor, but I think that there might have been a little lack of vision."

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    -responded to officers' concerns about unsanitary conditions in the city detention center by saying "They are in jail, fuck 'em";
    I am not sure I mind this one

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

What wrong with that?

Comment

The City of Red Oak, about 15 minutes due south of Dallas, never really explained why Police Chief Craig Rudolph abruptly resigned this summer after six years on the job. Officials did, however, immediately appoint a special committee to review potential cases of racial profiling and race relations within the department in order to "identify any potential deficiencies in the department and recommend any necessary remedies."

The police officers who worked under Rudolph are much less hesitant to discuss specifics. Eight current and former officers filed a federal lawsuit against Rudolph and the city on Thursday portraying the former chief as a racist, misogynistic, homophobic asshole who made their time at the department miserable.

Among other things, the officers say that Rudolph:

-refused to hire female officers because he thought they'd have sex with their male colleagues while on duty;

-singled out black recruits for additional testing and subjected them to more stringent requirements;

-often referred to black suspects as "nigger";

-replied that he had "stuck [his] foot in his mouth" after he told several officers, "I don't know which is worse, your kid showing up with a nigger or being a faggot";

-fired at least two officers, Ryan Payne and James Groom, for complaining that they had not been properly trained on the use of a new model of gun acquired by the department.

-kept calling Afghan civilians "towel heads" when discussing one officer's military tour in Afghanistan;

When officers complained to city officials, they say they were harassed and ostracized and that, once Red Oak opened an official investigation, they were "subjected to intensive and intrusive interrogations" and polygraphs probing their personal lives. Those officers who are still with the department "continue to be harassed, intimidated, ridiculed and retaliated against by City officials."

Garland Wolf, formerly a lieutenant in the Midlothian Police Department, has since been hired as Red Oak's police chief. He has promised to begin "addressing a lot of issues that have been identified" and establish a clear direction and structure.

"Just from what I have seen in the last couple of days and nothing against my predecessor, but I think that there might have been a little lack of vision."
          The only good thing about Red Oak is they recognize the greatness of Box Car Willie
          Last edited by prostock1; 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM.
          sigpic
          "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
          through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
          We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
          my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Sounds like the majority of posters here.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

How can you not laugh at that.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  thought I was the only one that did

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                  You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I was laughing at Jeremy's post followed by Jody's, but dammit if that line isn't gold!

Comment

Racist

Only a Racist would find that funny. If you feel your not a racist and did laugh at this then your a racist and just dont know it, due to being an ignorant racist.

JUST MY 2 CENTS

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        really though.. i've been working in red oak 6 days a week since late april.. i didnt even realize i was living the real life DFWM!
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          lmao!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow GT View Post
                            Only a Racist would find that funny. If you feel your not a racist and did laugh at this then your a racist and just dont know it, due to being an ignorant racist.

JUST MY 2 CENTS
                            Don't even try to throw that racist label bullshit around here. If you expect people to be politically correct, you came to the wrong place.

I would consider that cop to be unfit for any kind of managerial position. I'm glad he is gone. Hopefully, he won't find another position with any sort of power.

As for Red Oak. One reason I moved out of that town 15 years ago was because of the good ol' boy govt they had there. I see it hasn't changed much.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow GT View Post

JUST MY 2 CENTS

Laughing at something that is politically incorrect and being a racist are not the same thing. Don't let that confuse you into thinking... well, most of us thinking.. this dumbass of a chief should have been acting like this in his position. On its own, sure it's a little funny. In context it is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X