Woman tased by FHP Trooper Daniel Cole, may not live much longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman tased by FHP Trooper Daniel Cole, may not live much longer

Seminole, Florida - The Florida Highway Patrol trooper who shot and injured a cemetery owner on September 10, 2012 has been cleared of any wrongdoing by FHP.

Shortly before 6 o'clock on the morning of September 10, 2012, Trooper Daniel Cole was tracking a stolen motorcycle to the Royal Palm North cemetery in Pinellas Park at 2600 Gandy Boulevard North.

The owner of the cemetery, Cliff Work, was there and after he armed himself -- thinking he was being robbed -- Trooper Cole opened fire, shooting 18 rounds from his Smith & Wesson AR-15 semiautomatic rifle. Work was hit in the leg.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement also investigated and cleared Cole last fall. As for the stolen motorcycle, it was dumped in a wooded area next to the cemetery and Work had no idea it was there.

But that incident isn't the first time Cole's actions have come under the microscope. In just over a decade, he shot an unarmed minister during a traffic stop as the pastor reached for his own wallet. He also tasered an unarmed teenage girl who was handcuffed.

That incident has left her in a vegetative state.

Her mother, Cheryl Maudsley, is completely stunned that Trooper Cole still has a job with the Florida Highway Patrol. She believes he took her daughter Danielle's life.

She says, "My daughter is going to die because of Officer Cole."

Dash cam video shows the 19-year-old handcuffed and running away from Cole.

Photo Gallery: Dash cam images of woman's Tasing

He fires his taser at her back and hits her. Danielle's head hits the pavement.

Her mother says, "She was afraid. He had to step back to pull his taser at my child... 50,000 volts went through a 92-pound girl, handcuffed [and] a couple of feet away from him."

Two years later, the photographs show a much different Danielle. Now 21, she is blind, unable to walk, has a feeding tube and wears diapers at a rehabilitation facility in Orlando.

Cheryl says, "At this time, she's not doing well. We recently put a DNR on her, which is 'do not resuscitate.'"

Cheryl says she put the order in just a few days ago and knows any day now she could get a phone call that her daughter is gone.

She adds, "Dear Lord knows it just breaks my heart. I wonder how he [Trooper Cole] would feel if it was one of his children, his mother, his sister. Him. You're not above the law, because you have a badge."

10 News stopped by Trooper Cole's home on Friday as we have several times before to get his side of the story, but this time his cruiser wasn't parked in his driveway and though it appeared someone was inside, no one answered the door.

But in audio published by the FHP and posted on YouTube, an investigator can be heard questioning Trooper Cole. While the video clearly shows Danielle is barely a step ahead of him as they leave the FHP substation in Pinellas Park on U.S. 19, he's already had time to pull and point his taser.

He tells the investigator that Danielle would have gotten away. The investigator asks, "Did you think she was capable of outrunning you?"

Cole replies, "Yes, she was already outrunning me."

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. You're handcuffed and decide to run? AND you're fucking 19? No sympathy here. Tazers arnt 100% safe either.

Comment

In just over a decade, he shot an unarmed minister during a traffic stop as the pastor reached for his own wallet.
      He surely can't make his quota if a traffic stop takes longer than 10 years.

Comment

i've thought about running in cuffs, but then i thought about spending the rest of my life with cuffs on, if no one had a key.

i just went to jail.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

sounds like this motherfucker needs to be shot in the head.
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I know doing what he did maybe justified - I don't know. I do know I'd have to talk myself out of making my own rules if that was my girl.

Honestly a 92 pound girl in cuffs probably does not need to be tasered (sp?). In my head I'd not be able to get over that and seeing her disabled/life over...

Did it say it was during a traffic stop.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Is that the cracked-out bitch that tried to run while high as fuck? If so, her mother has been drinking her attorney's kool-aid with a statement like "50,000 volts went through a 92lb girl".... Bitch, go to Somalia where a 92lb skinny will spew 50,000 rounds of ammo at you without a care in the world.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                sounds like this motherfucker needs to be shot in the head.
                I take offense at that.

Comment

Damnit Frost, I am sorry but I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                    Damnit Frost, I am sorry but I laughed.
                    That was the point. I spent the first 2 months with stitches telling anyone who asked that it was

A) Where my blowhole was

B) Where I kept my pencil sharpener

C) Where the Army closed off my 3rd eye because it was freaking Iraqi's out

Comment

Was it justified? Yes
                      Was it also stupid to do? Yes
                      Would girl have been caught later or killed herself trying to run? 100%

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                        Was it justified? Yes
                        Was it also stupid to do? Yes
                        Would girl have been caught later or killed herself trying to run? 100%
                        Should an officer be held accountable for deciding to use what could have been lethal force on a cuffed suspect that posed no immediate threat to him or anyone around him? Absolutely

Comment

Grip it and rip it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

What, you mean it ISN'T okay to shoot clergy reaching for their identification?

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Should an officer be held accountable for deciding to use what could have been lethal force on a cuffed suspect that posed no immediate threat to him or anyone around him? Absolutely
                              If she ran like was previously posted then hell yea she deserved to be tazed.

Comment

Working...
                              X