Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any weld inspectors, Quality Assurance folks on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have two CWI's in our company. They over see our ASNT level 2 and level 1 inspectors. If the level 1 see's something they don't like on visuals they pass that onto our level 2's who do a visual and a penetrant test along with RT/UT if the weld fails PT. We also do destructive testing on all welds. We do all of this in house. Saves us a ton of money. Our CWI's are AWS, ABS and ASNT Level 3 certified.

The company I work for does Friction Stir Welding.

Comment

Rodney did you try some of that heroine? Stop immediately! It's got claws.

Comment

Originally posted by turboford View Post
        We have two CWI's in our company. They over see our ASNT level 2 and level 1 inspectors. If the level 1 see's something they don't like on visuals they pass that onto our level 2's who do a visual and a penetrant test along with RT/UT if the weld fails PT. We also do destructive testing on all welds. We do all of this in house. Saves us a ton of money. Our CWI's are AWS, ABS and ASNT Level 3 certified.

The company I work for does Friction Stir Welding.
        Care to explain friction stir without me having to Google while driving?

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          Care to explain friction stir without me having to Google while driving?

Don't text and drive. It can wait.

This message brought to you by AT&T

Comment

Take two piece's of aluminum and either bolt or hold in place with hydraulic cylinders and use friction to bond the material together using mechanical means. Stronger than arc welding and alot cheaper. We have made over 250 miles of welds this year.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbQH8XBgxQ[/ame]

Comment

Wharz skillz?

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                Wharz skillz?

Says the dude that took five years to make it through a two year apprenticeship.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

The United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry of the United States and Canada (UA) represents approximately 355,000 Plumbers, Pipefitters, Sprinkler Fitters, HVACR Service Technicians, Welders and Pipeliners working in the construction industry throughout North America

Its a 5 year apprenticeship slick.

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

The skills is reading what the weld is telling you. That particular weld is cold. He need to slow down traverse and speed up rotation just a little bit to put some heat in it. I'll post pics of what my tool is later. My robot is down at the moment but the linear is mowing them down

The type of material we weld Rodney isn't one where you can sit in a clean ass room all day make a weld on a piece of pipe for a day. We have a very tight time limit set by the Navy and by our two main customers. We average 1000 meters a day one the material we are welding right now. Thats no guy bent over with a welding hood on, feeding a torch wire, and burning up consumables.
                    Last edited by turboford; 11-07-2013, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I'm not trying to be rude and I hope you get a job soon, but if you have little to no welding experience you should not be applying for a welding qa/qc job.

I work in the welding industry and I can assure you that if a weld breaks or is bad you and the engineer are going to be the first ones they come after. If the job is inspecting little metal trinkets, no biggie, but if it's anything structural, pressure related, or even something as small as a desk leg, if anything breaks, and someone gets hurt, you're going to be an unhappy camper. They have a great two semester course at DCCD and other places as well. You need to know how to weld, know about metallurgy, inspection processes, and usually AWS D1.1 from front to back for most big companies. The AWS website and forum is a good place to start asking questions.

Comment

I do ndt for aviation parts. Let me know if I can help you in any way. No welding here..just lpi, mpi and EC.

Comment

I am an excellent solderer is welding not soldering on a grand scale? LOL. I know you welding types are particular about quality and safety and are quite concerned that I might just pass any ole weld that comes my way, but find some solace in the fact that I will learn the job, what to look for, and how to do a good job. I always do. Not to be arrogant, but rather confident, I will tell you that if you saw my resume and work history you would feel a little more comfortable knowing that I would be observant and careful with what I do.

After all, I learned to be a project manager in both the telecom industry and the construction industry, with no real prior experience in either field. I learned to manage a team of guys and install machines across the nation with very little training. I developed a training course using Powerpoint (which I learned in a couple of days) and took it across the nation to help crusty old veterans in the US Postal distribution centers learn more about their machines and making them run right - in one day - more so then they'd known in their entire careers.
                          Whoever hires me will not be sorry. I will get the job done. I will not fail.

People like me.
                          Last edited by 93LXHORSE; 11-07-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X