Damn, I missed it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    If you buy something KNOWING it's an error, I equate that to stealing.
    I think of stealing as taking from the individual. I think of a computer error as a corporate screw up. I don't exactly feel bad about walmart corporate losing a few bucks when they put up record profits while screwing their employees.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      I think of stealing as taking from the individual. I think of a computer error as a corporate screw up. I don't exactly feel bad about walmart corporate losing a few bucks when they put up record profits while screwing their employees.
      So it's ok to steal from a store, just not an "individual".

Gotcha.

Comment

If you buy something KNOWING it's an error, I equate that to stealing.
        You're entitled to your beliefs but someone at Walmart knew it was happening and neglected to fix it. Their system failed and needs correction, the people being paid to check these things out didn't do their job.

If you are selling a product online and are in control of the pricing people are free to buy it for the price you are asking for said product. I don't control their pricing, I didn't build their site. If it's a good deal I'd buy it and I'd expect them to either fulfill my order or follow whatever processes we agreed to when the transaction happened. I'm sure there is verbiage regarding website orders that'd let them cancel it anyways.

You can't compare this to the SNAP card errors. The people using the cards knew there was a daily limit, Walmart knew they had limits. They were ignored, both parties assumed the government would pay for everything since it was their fault. Both parties tried to take advantage of something and broke the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          You take a penny from the cripple kid jar??

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            You're entitled to your beliefs but someone at Walmart knew it was happening and neglected to fix it. Their system failed and needs correction, the people being paid to check these things out didn't do their job.

If you are selling a product online and are in control of the pricing people are free to buy it for the price you are asking for said product. I don't control their pricing, I didn't build their site. If it's a good deal I'd buy it and I'd expect them to either fulfill my order or follow whatever processes we agreed to when the transaction happened. I'm sure there is verbiage regarding website orders that'd let them cancel it anyways.

You can't compare this to the SNAP card errors. The people using the cards knew there was a daily limit, Walmart knew they had limits. They were ignored, both parties assumed the government would pay for everything since it was their fault. Both parties tried to take advantage of something and broke the rules.
            Ok. So, we have established that stealing is OK as long as its not from an "individual", and and a mistake was made on the "sellers" end.

Comment

Ok. So, we have established that stealing is OK as long as its not from an "individual", and and a mistake was made on the "sellers" end.
              I still wouldn't classify that as "stealing". More like "seller's remorse".

In fact, some might consider that a bait and switch tactic, which is against the law in most cases.

Comment

The big difference is one takes advantage of the tax payer and walmart while the other only screws walmart.

Either way, it's not good ethics and I won't do it. I don't know how many times I could've made out like a bandit, but do the right thing. Heck, I hate walmart and would not do it.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  You take a penny from the cripple kid jar??
                  That's the tray. I'm talking about the jar.
                  Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                  Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                  Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                  You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

It's on GMA this morning that Walmart is not going to honor the deals and will cancel all orders. They are giving a $10 gift card to all people that ordered.

"It's not fair, they should honor the deals. I'm disappointed" said one neckbeard homo.

Am I one of the few that thinks Walmart should've done exactly what they did?

Comment

It's on GMA this morning that Walmart is not going to honor the deals and will cancel all orders. They are giving a $10 gift card to all people that ordered.

"It's not fair, they should honor the deals. I'm disappointed" said one neckbeard homo.

Nope.

Comment

Glitches be crazy.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I think they are going above and beyond by providing them with $10 gift cards.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Working...
                            X