Damn, I missed it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I missed it!

Walmart apparently had a big glitch in their pricing this morning. All my deal sites were going nuts posting that they just bought a ride-on hot wheels car that was supposed to be $200-they got it for $22. Eliptical machines going for $300 were $33, PS3 games (normally $59.99) going for $18, these monitors were crazy low. I hope they honor the prices and those people get the deals. Just wish I had gotten in on it!

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

They won't honor it, I'm sure that they got the typical language that most websites do, stating that pricing is subject to change without notice.

I seem to remember something similar happening on the Best Buy site with a TV, and nobody got the glitch pricing.

Comment

^^^^ what he said

Comment

Controversial question alert!

Does taking advantage of glitches on these websites fall Into the same category as blasting your welfare card because the system broke? I know it's not nearly as severe...but they're both exploitations of a known error.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Does taking advantage of glitches on these websites fall Into the same category as blasting your welfare card because the system broke? I know it's not nearly as severe...but they're both exploitations of a known error.
          Maybe they're just being really generous for the holidays...?
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

It states a big glitch in the system...

Comment

That's not controversial IMO, yes, it's one in the same thing. Those that are doing it though, will have a rash of justifications for it.

Comment

It states a big glitch in the system...
                A generous glitch.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  That's not controversial IMO, yes, it's one in the same thing. Those that are doing it though, will have a rash of justifications for it.
                  Agreed. Pretty embarrassing. Too many people seem to think it's ok for them, but not others.
                  DamonH

Comment

Leah, you fail at being the Deal Queen! Step down from your throne!!!
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Causing an online frenzy among shoppers, an apparent glitch on Walmart's website early this morning led to $8.85 listings for items, including computer monitors and projectors normally worth hundreds of dollars.

The country's largest retailer was selling a 24-inch high definition Viewsonic computer monitor, an InFocus IN2124 Projector digital projectors and other products, many for $8.85. The projector is listed for $578.89 on Walmart.com and $579.99 on Newegg.com.

As customers shared about the deals on social media sites like Instagram, wondering if the site was hacked, products sold out online in just hours.
                      A spokesman for Walmart said the company is still scanning the millions of items on its site to see if there are still any technical errors causing price discrepancies.

Walmart assured the media that the site was not hacked.

"We experienced a technical error that caused some items to show incorrect pricing," Walmart said in a statement. "We are working quickly to correct the error and during this time, there may be intermittent site availability. We apologize for any inconvenience to our customers."

Ravi Jariwala, a spokesman for Walmart, said: "I want to make very clear this is not a hack. This is an internal technical error."

When asked if the company will honor items sold to customers at the mistakenly low prices, Jariwala said the company is "still working through those details."

Just two weeks ago, Walmart stores in Louisiana experienced another frenzied shopping day, but that time with live customers. An error in the food stamps EBT system caused account limits to temporarily disappear, leading customers to load up shopping carts with hundreds of dollars worth of items.

Comment

This is no different than stealing.

Comment

Kroger had a glitch last week making 12pk cokes a penny
                          07 f250-family truckster
                          08 Denali -baby hauler
                          52 f1-rust bucket
                          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            This is no different than stealing.
                            Yeah it is. Look, if a cashier gives me back too much change, or forgets to scan something, I will point it out every single time, but if the computer makes an error, that is fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                              Yeah it is. Look, if a cashier gives me back too much change, or forgets to scan something, I will point it out every single time, but if the computer makes an error, that is fair game.
                              If you buy something KNOWING it's an error, I equate that to stealing.

Comment

Working...
                              X