Odd question, need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd question, need some help

I'm wanting to track down an old truck my grandfather had (66 F100).
    Only problem is he's been dead since 1988. The only info I have on him is name, last known address, and date of birth.

Would the Vehicle Registration Dept be able to give me information about the vehicles he had registered before he died?

Is there a place online to look this stuff up, that's not gonna ask for money?

I highly doubt I'm going to find this truck, since it's been 25 years, but I'd like to give it a shot.
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
    I'm wanting to track down an old truck my grandfather had (66 F100).
    Only problem is he's been dead since 1988. The only info I have on him is name, last known address, and date of birth.

Would the Vehicle Registration Dept be able to give me information about the vehicles he had registered before he died?

Is there a place online to look this stuff up, that's not gonna ask for money?

I highly doubt I'm going to find this truck, since it's been 25 years, but I'd like to give it a shot.
    Any idea its last known wherabouts? Like who it was sold to or about the area? Any surviving friends or neighbors of him that might remember? Without a VIN, slim to none I would think. I have often thought about searching for my granddad's 67 F100 or 64 Falcon.

Comment

If you do get it and try to build it everyone will just call it a piece of shit, and hate on you! Find a classic ford truck board similar to the 67-72chevy truck forum and you just may find it.

FYI I have mine from my grandfather originally owned by my dad in 1979.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
        If you do get it and try to build it everyone will just call it a piece of shit, and hate on you! Find a classic ford truck board similar to the 67-72chevy truck forum and you just may find it.

Thanks for the advice, but, unlike you naynay, if I find it, I won't be building it to impress anyone on this site.
        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

zing!

Good luck on the truck. I know the tax office can do some offline searches, but blasting one of the bureaucrats out of their chairs and motivating them to do something is another matter.

Comment

You being called a POS has nothing to do with what you are building, where you live, or even who you voted for. It has everything to do with your antics on the board.

You wanted negative attention, and you got it.

Comment

If you can find a way to find it let me know. I have the VIN and other info from my high school car (69 Camaro) and haven't found a way to track it down yet. The DMV won't help and I have asked a couple others but no luck yet. If I can find it I WILL own it again.

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                Thanks for the advice, but, unlike you naynay, if I find it, I won't be building it to impress anyone on this site.
                unlike anyone on this site, im not building mine to impress anyone but my son.

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  You being called a POS has nothing to do with what you are building, where you live, or even who you voted for. It has everything to do with your antics on the board.

You wanted negative attention, and you got it.
                  duh!

#winning
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

duh!

#winning
                    #playingdumbtolooklikeyou"won"
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                      #playingdumbtolooklikeyou"won"
                      #usingtripmckneeliesjoketoblendin

turn 21 and come meet up with us so i can put a bottle upside yo head
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

#usingtripmckneeliesjoketoblendin

turn 21 and come meet up with us so i can put a bottle upside yo head
                        Bet you won't.

Comment

Only if he 'works' on it for years and just takes new pictures from time to time.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                            Bet you won't.
                            Lock it in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Only if he 'works' on it for years and just takes new pictures from time to time.
                              Lol.. If you want to see pics of a bare frame I'll go ahead and pull the cab. But it's got 5 lugged swapped with disc brakes, had 3 different motors fit. Been step notched, cupped lca's, bags on arms relocated, new fenders, hood been taken to bare metal and primered. Bed also been removed and the raised cross members are being fit now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X