is this sh... for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this sh... for real?

An Army veteran living in Georgia says she wants an apology from her daughter's former school after being banned from the building for posting a photo of her concealed weapons permit to her Facebook page, WRDW.com reports.

Tanya Mount says she was approached by a police officer from the Richmond County Board of Education at McBean Elementary School and was warned that she was about to get a criminal trespass warning.

"I am a private person, however after serving OUR country, it is my DUTY to make sure that our lives are not infringed upon, however do it all within the confinements of the LAW, I am a law abiding citizen"
    - Tanya Mount

The officer told her that the principal at the school was “scared” of her and did not want her on the school property, she told the station.

"He asks: 'Were you in the Army?,"' she said. "I said, yes. He's like, 'Do you have a concealed weapons permit?' I said yes," she told the station.

A phone call from FoxNews.com to Richmond County Board of Education was not immediately returned. WJBF.com asked Janina Dallas, the school's principal, if the "no trespass order" was issued over the post, and Dallas responded: "Yes, it was."

"It is my duty and responsibility as the principal of this school to ensure the safety and security of all of our faculty, staff and students," Dallas told WJBF.com.

Mount reportedly said, "I feel that this is some high school crap." She is calling for a public apology.

"I am a private person. However, after serving OUR country, it is my DUTY to make sure that our lives are not infringed upon. However, do it all within the confinements of the LAW, I am a law-abiding citizen," Mount posted on Facebook after the uproar.

Other posts on Mount's Facebook page are photographs of children trick-or-treating and recipes for pork tenderloin.

Her daughter has since transferred from the school.

I'm not ever surprised any more. Glad I don't have kids.

Comment

Its complete bullshit... but this is also why I don't post every aspect of my life on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
        ...this is also why I don't post every aspect of my life on social media.
        Amen.

Comment

Does it matter if the school is private? If yes, could they get away with it?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
            Does it matter if the school is private? If yes, could they get away with it?
            always some clause in private schools to kick you out just cuz or ask for a bigger donation.

Comment

Seems pretty reasonable to me. It was irresponsible of her to flash her CHL like that. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you need to flash it around.

Isn't it prohibited from showing your CHL in Tx unless you're asked by LE? I don't feel like looking it up, just seem to recall that being mentioned during our class.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                Seems pretty reasonable to me. It was irresponsible of her to flash her CHL like that. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you need to flash it around.

Isn't it prohibited from showing your CHL in Tx unless you're asked by LE? I don't feel like looking it up, just seem to recall that being mentioned during our class.
                No. I can wear the CHL around my neck.

Comment

She was proud of it, so she put it on Facebook. Her kid's school was the one that found the info. She didn't send them a formal announcement letter.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That's ridiculous. The equivalent of being banned from fiesta mart for posting a social security card.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I can't flash the handgun, but the CHL itself is just a card like a driver's license.

LOL @ Fiesta mart!!!

Comment

What a freakin' tard of a principal!!!

Originally posted by OP link
                        The officer told her that the principal at the school was “scared” of her and did not want her on the school property, she told the station.

"He asks: 'Were you in the Army?,"' she said. "I said, yes. He's like, 'Do you have a concealed weapons permit?' I said yes," she told the station.
                        WTF. CHL's are the GOOD GUYS. We have to go through background checks. Ugh!
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          That's ridiculous. The equivalent of being banned from fiesta mart for posting a social security card.
                          well, ok.. I just skimmed the Texas Concealed Handgun Laws and couldn't find what I was referring to. Maybe it was just a verbal talking point about not "showing off" your CHL.

Comment

Also, state law prohibits the carrying of a concealed handgun on school grounds anyway so it's irrelevant whether the woman has a CHL or not; she wouldn't be bringing a gun in the school. Principal is a paranoid retard.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              What a freakin' tard of a principal!!!

WTF. CHL's are the GOOD GUYS. We have to go through background checks. Ugh!
                              Academia = fucking morons. It's all political.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X