No announcement yet.

Brisket cooking right now. Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think ill try my hand at one this weekend as well.

Comment

I really wanted to smoke it, but the weather nixed that plan. Still, it turned out darn near perfect, its just not smoky.

Comment

You made me want brisket tacos lol. Went and got a 7 pounder and soaked it in some stubbs overnight. Cooked some burgers then grilled some Bacon for said burgers. Moved coals to one side and added some hickory kingsford and lightly smoked it for bout two hours or so. Wrapped it in foil and its been in the oven at 250 since 8ish. Gonna leave in till morning and pig out.

Anyone else use stubbs? I got it on a friends recommendations

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

By the way I've never let weather stop me from fire up the grill.

Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            I really wanted to smoke it, but the weather nixed that plan. Still, it turned out darn near perfect, its just not smoky.
            It doesn't take much to get that smoke flavor. If you use some heavy like hickory or misquite just 2 to 4 hours then Finnish in the oven. Go longer if you're using oak or a fruit type wood. I looooove pecan but I'm from Louisiana.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
              You made me want brisket tacos lol. Went and got a 7 pounder and soaked it in some stubbs overnight. Cooked some burgers then grilled some Bacon for said burgers. Moved coals to one side and added some hickory kingsford and lightly smoked it for bout two hours or so. Wrapped it in foil and its been in the oven at 250 since 8ish. Gonna leave in till morning and pig out.

Anyone else use stubbs? I got it on a friends recommendations

14 hours on 8 pounds? Have you read this thread?

Comment

Yes but I'm not eating it in the middle of the night. So why get up and take it out. Leaving in the oven wrapped in foil till morning don't hurt it at all.

Comment

pics?
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Of his meat?

Silly gazer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                    X