Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents...how or who decided on your kids sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only sport I want my boys to play is golf and I've never played the game. I think it would benefit them more later in life. But it's up to them..
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

If your kid isn't into sports don't forget about Scouting. They learn a lot of respect and life skills.

<=== Cub Scout leader

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        If your kid isn't into sports don't forget about Scouting. They learn a lot of respect and life skills.

<=== Cub Scout leader
        ^------and full time van owner. you make the call!!!!!!!

BOOOSH B-RAD
        god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Scouting is definitely in the plans. I'm not a fan of signing them up for everything under the sun. Maybe I'm a little selfish, but I don't want every free moment taken with some practice or game. I would rather have some time to do spontaneous things as a family. It seems like some people are never available for anything and I'm just not wild about that. I'm in Rockwall for who asked. Anyhow, thinking about starting T ball with the boy. We have one and I think he shows promise and interest in it.

Comment

What Denny said. Baseball and soccer are the two he likes the most. He's going to try to add track, football, and basketball next year. It always comes back to soccer and baseball with him though.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              ^------and full time van owner. you make the call!!!!!!!

BOOOSH B-RAD
              god bless.
              This coming Saturday we'll be learning to make tacos. I hope this isn't how damnitsteve learned!

Comment

Working...
              X